Husband is always siding the maid

Successful parenting is founded on successful relationships between spouses and relatives. We must not neglect our spouse while we focus our attention on grooming our children to become the best they can be. Discuss relationship issues here.
ammonite
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:76

Re: Husband is always siding the maid

Post by ammonite » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:30 am

Think it started with sleepy's observation of successful men who always seem to defer to their wives.

TheAnswer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:30

Post by TheAnswer » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:39 am

ammonite wrote:
jetsetter wrote:
sleepy wrote: Personal observation. I feel that men with confidence are less dominating husbands. Surprisingly loh. They liked to go around telling everyone about their adorable wives, as well as the chores they did at home to keep wives happy :laugh: They don't have to dominate their wives to prove their superiority. 疼老婆的才是大丈夫 :evil:
Most top execs with many staff under their charge are usually outwardly doting hubbies. So far, those C*Os I've spoken to 总是把老婆挂在嘴上。I notice they like to make ad hoc mentions abt their wives' fav this & that, that they need to rush off from happy hour or their wives will get mad, or "My wife would skin me alive if I...." etc.

I dunno if that's intentional or what; you know, some successful men just want to bring in their wives to the conversation to "ward off" any potential temptress or they wanna send the message to all female subordinates that they are blissfully married, so that this very message can spread to the rest of the building. This is a very clever way to shield oneself from undesirable office rumours, as well as portray oneself as a responsible righteous leader of the organisation.
I had an exboss who would go "my wife this...", "my wife that.." and "my wife is very beautiful" etc etc but he would flirt with all the girls regularly and invite them to go drinking with him. While his beautiful wife is at home alone with their kid.

To have an estimation of the person, look at the actions. Words are smokescreens.
Why do you sound like my hubby? He is the one always telling him to look at his actions..

ammonite
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:76

Post by ammonite » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:47 am

TheAnswer wrote:
Why do you sound like my hubby? He is the one always telling him to look at his actions..
:lol: your dh is not wrong. :imanangel:

sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:39

Post by sleepy » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:36 pm

jetsetter wrote: Most top execs with many staff under their charge are usually outwardly doting hubbies. So far, those C*Os I've spoken to 总是把老婆挂在嘴上。I notice they like to make ad hoc mentions abt their wives' fav this & that, that they need to rush off from happy hour or their wives will get mad, or "My wife would skin me alive if I...." etc.

I dunno if that's intentional or what; you know, some successful men just want to bring in their wives to the conversation to "ward off" any potential temptress or they wanna send the message to all female subordinates that they are blissfully married, so that this very message can spread to the rest of the building. This is a very clever way to shield oneself from undesirable office rumours, as well as portray oneself as a responsible righteous leader of the organisation.
In that case, it worked! I was utterly impressed with their dotting husband image.

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:86

Post by buds » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:19 pm

ammonite wrote:
TheAnswer wrote:

Funz
Councillor
Councillor
Total Likes:336

Post by Funz » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:29 pm

buds wrote:
ammonite wrote:
TheAnswer wrote:

So can talk a lot using many different words to say the same thing but cannot do so much. Deeds, very precious, cannot anyhow squander on unimportant beings.

:lol:

Beatrice_NoQ
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by Beatrice_NoQ » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:41 pm

Namie wrote:Hi all. Sorry, have not been logging in for the past few days cos I was rushing for deadlines. My boss wanted some papers to be sent to her by first day of CNY so I was trying to get them done before that.

The maid's wp will expire this year so I hope to end it when it expires. Not sure why, but lots of people I talked to, the husband always side with maids. Someone I knew well, when she wanted a divorce, her husband even said she is replaceable. He just need to get a maid.
:yikes: :scared: :scared: that's a terrible thing to say! How did your friend react? If the relationship has deteriorated to this extend I think it'll be best to just walk away. Did your friend try attending marriage counselling services or read self-help journals and books to glean some tips on how to communicate better and perhaps get her husband to see that they are a TEAM?

chixchix
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by chixchix » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:37 am

My husband also gets unhappy when I am a bit rude to my maid,, he prefers that I leave her alone since she wakes up at 6am and sleeps at 11pm..he is afraid that if the in dons get angry they will do something to our kids..

trimummy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by trimummy » Thu May 01, 2014 11:25 am

chixchix wrote:My husband also gets unhappy when I am a bit rude to my maid,, he prefers that I leave her alone since she wakes up at 6am and sleeps at 11pm..he is afraid that if the in dons get angry they will do something to our kids..
Not siding with your husband or anything but these maids are unpredictable...if u have young children under her care, better to treat her air more nicely, even though she may not deserve it! My husband used to tell me the same thing to... Must 忍! :sweat:

sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:39

Post by sleepy » Thu May 01, 2014 11:40 am

I never had a maid. Would rather live with the mess and dust in the house than feeling so restrictive in my own fortress