your definition of henpecked husband

Successful parenting is founded on successful relationships between spouses and relatives. We must not neglect our spouse while we focus our attention on grooming our children to become the best they can be. Discuss relationship issues here.

your definition of henpecked husband

Postby Jennifer » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:36 pm

Interesting topic?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: your definition of henpecked husband

Postby Mawar » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:40 pm

Jennifer wrote:Interesting topic?

A half grown wuss? :rotflmao:

Mawar
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby 路人甲 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:58 pm

A wife's doormat.

路人甲
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby janet88 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:15 pm

one who cannot make decisions and will say, 'I ask my wife first'.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby wonderm » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:33 pm

I had not met any in real life. But from reading the recent discussions in KSP and by using my imagination, there are 2 different possibilities:

1. Someone who has a very low self esteem, hence very scared of his wife, dared not say no to her.
2. Someone who is very confident of himself and 疼老婆, hence willingly let his wife has her way most of the time.

wonderm
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Mawar » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:39 pm

janet_lee88 wrote:one who cannot make decisions and will say, 'I ask my wife first'.

Could be a case of distribution of labour. Some men defer to their wives on matters pertaining to household, kids, external family, gifting, maids and social events. More streamlined and efficient, and less friction. They usually take care of bigger ticket items ie investments and car.

Mawar
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby buds » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:45 pm

janet_lee88 wrote:one who cannot make decisions and will say, 'I ask my wife first'.

Isn't this also a form of respect to the spouse? :scratchhead:
A form of sincere consideration for her feelings. :shrug:

I'm sure in real life situations, it's almost a crime not to say yes before checking with the wifey? The deadliest example could be :

In-laws : We come over your place now.

Hubby : Yes, no problem.

OR...

Hubby : Let me check with my wife.

....... AND if she has cooked enough for all of us to have family dinner together. :imanangel:

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sleepy » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:57 pm

Triggered by my post in another thread? :laugh:

Personal observation. I feel that men with confidence are less dominating husbands. Surprisingly loh.
My ex-bosses- 1 Finance director, 1 Finance controller. In office 呼风唤雨 but everyone in office knew they were henpecked. Not that we intentionally dug into their personal lives. They liked to go around telling everyone about their adorable wives, as well as the chores they did at home to keep wives happy :laugh: They don't have to dominate their wives to prove their superiority. 疼老婆的才是大丈夫 :evil:

sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Mawar » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:00 pm

sleepy wrote:

Triggered by my post in another thread? :laugh:

Personal observation. I feel that men with confidence are less dominating husbands. Surprisingly loh.
My ex-bosses- 1 Finance director, 1 Finance controller. In office 呼风唤雨 but everyone in office knew they were henpecked. Not that we intentionally dug into their personal lives. They liked to go around telling everyone about their adorable wives, as well as the chores they did at home to keep wives happy :laugh: They don't have to dominate their wives to prove their superiority. 疼老婆的才是大丈夫 :evil:

Likely your ex-bosses married equally yoked partners. They value their partners and want to ensure the JV gives good ROI and high dividends.

Mawar
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby mummy OnABudget » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:03 pm

henpecked abit hard to define in my opinion a hubby with no life 24/7 need report anything big or small to the wife and ask for permission on anything big or small and can never leave the wife out of everything.

BUT i do know of 1 henpecked husband he has no qualms about offending his own parents for the sake of his wife, his wife and her family comes first before his own parents this hurt the guy family alot i dare say this guy the mum is a wonderful mil who is not mean to the dil at all no harsh words only smiles never say no only yes never raise a voice but yet shes being mistreated why i know this shes my granny the woman i love alot and at times i feel like slapping this uncle of mine for putting her through all this pain.

mummy OnABudget
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Next

Return to Relationships