Rude using hp during meals time?

Successful parenting is founded on successful relationships between spouses and relatives. We must not neglect our spouse while we focus our attention on grooming our children to become the best they can be. Discuss relationship issues here.

Rude using hp during meals time?

Postby xueyan » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:16 pm

Dear all

I just like to know how you guys feel. Do you have lots of friends or colleagues that keep using handphone when they are having meals with you?

I am not talking about the occasional receiving a call or reading a message that comes in. I have a colleague that keep checking FB, emails, when having lunch with her. I know a lot of people do that and they don't even look at the person talking to them. Their eyes are glued to their hp. But i just feel that this is extremely rude.

Should i be more acceptable to this behaviour since everybody is doing it or you guys feel the same as I do?

xueyan
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Rude using hp during meals time?

Postby Funz » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:40 pm

I find it rude too.

I refuse to let kids play with any gadgets or phones at the dining table when we dine out. Not even when waiting for food to be served.

I have friends who are like that too. Constantly glued to the phone. I will tell them to please put the phone away.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Nebbermind » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:47 pm

Definitely rude. But coz every other person is doing it, it's become a norm to be rude.

Anyway, if that person cannot live by your standards, and you can't live by hers...then 分手吧!

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby starlight1968sg » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:49 pm

xueyan wrote:Dear all

I just like to know how you guys feel. Do you have lots of friends or colleagues that keep using handphone when they are having meals with you?

I am not talking about the occasional receiving a call or reading a message that comes in. I have a colleague that keep checking FB, emails, when having lunch with her. I know a lot of people do that and they don't even look at the person talking to them. Their eyes are glued to their hp. But i just feel that this is extremely rude.

Should i be more acceptable to this behaviour since everybody is doing it or you guys feel the same as I do?

I would prefer to eat alone than to be with such friends/colleagues.
What they need is their hp and neither the food nor me.

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Mawar » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:50 pm

I find it very rude. If we have arranged to meet up over a meal, at least set aside 2 hours to catch up. Else don't bother.

Mawar
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sparks » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:13 pm

It's rude to me. why even bother to have a meal together since the phone is more interesting than the company?

but some pp just need to be told, else they don't even know they are being 'rude' to others.

sparks
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby jetsetter » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:23 pm

xueyan wrote:Dear all

she isn't interested in your company at all. dun lunch with her ever again. but then again, maybe u r the sort who wants to talk to someone during lunch?

jetsetter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby schweppes » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:38 pm

We need a social media guard

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Funz » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:42 pm

:rotflmao:

I need to get me a few of those.

One of which is for DH!

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby schweppes » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:43 pm

Sadly, being so obsessively connected to the online world makes us very disconnected in the real world. Just this past Fri, was at Bugis area. And in the 100m that I walked, I saw so many people hunching over the phones - either on whatsapp, FB, gaming, texting, watching some vids... instead of talking to each other.

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor

Next

Return to Relationships