BPC order (Beyond Parental Control)

Successful parenting is founded on successful relationships between spouses and relatives. We must not neglect our spouse while we focus our attention on grooming our children to become the best they can be. Discuss relationship issues here.

BPC order (Beyond Parental Control)

Postby pilotg2 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:50 pm

Hi is any parent familiar with filing a Beyond Parental Control for their daughter?

Does it usually mean that my girl will be send to girls home? What is life in girls home like? And i was talking to a neighbour about this, and she mentioned a few terms like home leave, and hostel, and all that. What do they mean?

Will my daughter still be able to go to school in this time? During the time she in girls home, will she be expelled from school?

Need help. A lot of questions which i don't know about but hope someone can shed light.

thanks.

pilotg2
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: BPC order (Beyond Parental Control)

Postby Norbu » Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:16 pm

The parents need to file a complain in court.
The court will order a social worker to investigate and mediate the issue.

The first step, the parents and child will face counselling session, and aim to resolve the problems. when all else fail. The court will place the child in a home. initially there is no home leave, only upon x time frame, and good behaviour, the child will be granted home leave with curfew. Mostly like in-doors from 10pm to 7am. The parents will pay for all expenses while in the home. if not mistaken around 400+~500+/month. during this time a social worker will be assign to you.

The child will still go to school, depends on situation, the child may be remove from the current school. (if deem that bad influence is from the school or neighbourhood) there can be even a rule that during home leave the child may not able to go home, and need to go to another home, maybe grandparents, aunties etc if deem bad influence is from the neighbourhood.

But I recommend that try other means first, like approaching your FSC to help counsel the child etc as BPC will definitely wont help much in the relationship with the parents only help in the child preventing going deeper in trouble.

homes is not orphanage. is regimental.

Norbu
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: BPC order (Beyond Parental Control)

Postby i.love.to.learn » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:17 pm

I know someone's ds in boys town (not home), think they get a few days off on weekends but other than that they're always inside?

i.love.to.learn
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Relationships