*WE TIME*

Successful parenting is founded on successful relationships between spouses and relatives. We must not neglect our spouse while we focus our attention on grooming our children to become the best they can be. Discuss relationship issues here.

*WE TIME*

Postby buds » Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:11 pm

We have an existing thread on ME TIME. That thread is sharing how everyone squeezes in time for ourselves to relax, de-stress or unwind.

In our busy regular life/routine, we all know it is not easy to divide ourselves between work and home duties to spend dedicated time with our spouse sometimes. Let's all share in this 'WE' TIME thread, what you like to do or did with your spouse, whether it is an activity you both enjoy doing together to unwind or just having time-out from the kiddies or time-off from work.

A marriage takes a lotta work. Spending time with our spouse may take some work too, especially when we have to don the many hats for the different roles we play in the family. No matter how busy, i believe we should set aside day(s) to date our spouses to keep the :love: alive and to keep the avenue for communication open and not just limited to work, family and children.

No act too big and no sharing too small. Every little moment counts.

Hope to hear your sharing. :love:

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Movie Nite

Postby buds » Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:27 pm

Hubs was informed he had to work today and tomorrow so he took half a day leave yesterday and asked me out for a movie date & dinner. Amongst the many differences we have, watching movies is something we have in common. We watched Edge of Tomorrow.

I thought I heard like a complain from him that Tom Cruise doesn't seem to 'really' age for his age.

I loved Emily Blunt in this movie. A stark difference from the extremely well-groomed personal assistant to Meryl Streep in The Devil Wears Prada. Shows that she is not a one-trick-pony. Her body in this movie was really toned.

Hubs got us a table at Swensens for early dinner after the show ended. Chatted about the topic on men aging gracefully. He said some men aged too gracefully. :lol:

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: *WE TIME*

Postby bb_ mom » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:11 pm

Up to 2 years ago, DH and I had regular date nights on Fridays. It could simply be dinner or shopping or meeting up with friends. But after dad fell sick and mum couldn't have kids overnight, our date nights stopped. Although kids are older now, DH has to pick DD on Fridays cos she finishes late. So our We time is limited to Saturdays and only if kids don't want to join us. Sometimes, I feel we've become a little bit of strangers to each other cos other than talking about our kids, we don't have much to talk about. I guess more effort has to be made to make sure we don't drift away from each other to a point where we don't enjoy each other's company or don't want to spend time with each other.

Buds - happy to hear about your date with your DH. Such outings won't happen for DH and I cos he's a homebody. He falls asleep while watching movies. If go window shopping, he'll find a cafe and tell me to look for him when I'm done. Our common activity - eating! That's dangerous activity! Haiz...

bb_ mom
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby janet88 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:07 am

WE time with hubby is when he takes leave.
We will go for coffee or dessert...but never movies.
When we have dessert, we will each order own favourite and share....he likes peanut paste and I love almond paste. This kind of couple time is important because we spend so much time on kids' school work and it's easy to neglect each other.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ammonite » Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:14 pm

We time is occasional Saturday afternoons. Or a couple of hours after kids go to bed (if we managed to stay awake). I feel that is enough actually. In the last 10 years, there was only ONE night when both boys decided to sleep over at grandpa's place and we were so worried we couldn't sleep, LOL.

ammonite
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sleepy » Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:25 pm

No fixed schedule. Whenever & Wherever :wink:

We went lunch date last Sunday. After lunch, went home to pick kids up for movies. While kids in movie theatre, we went cycling at Pasir Ris park.

sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Integer » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:33 pm

We have lots of WE TIME now that DS is old enough, independent & busy.

- breakfasts, lunches, dinners & teas
- gym & walks
- me surfing & he watching football games in the same room; no need to talk but contented to know he's nearby :wink:

Integer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby zbear » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:58 pm

Your dh don't work?

zbear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Integer » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:03 pm

Of course work lah! How to get $ otherwise?

Integer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby bb_ mom » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:10 pm

I think cos you can do lunch and teas with him. I only work part time and only do dinners with DH! And that's with light bulbs around.

bb_ mom
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Relationships