10 Habits of happy couples

Successful parenting is founded on successful relationships between spouses and relatives. We must not neglect our spouse while we focus our attention on grooming our children to become the best they can be. Discuss relationship issues here.
Vince19
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:2

Re: 10 Habits of happy couples

Post by Vince19 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:32 pm

Make trust and forgiveness your default mode.
If and when they have a disagreement or argument, and if they can’t resolve it, happy couples default to trusting and forgiving rather than distrusting and begrudging.

janiceko
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by janiceko » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:06 pm

I agree, trusting, understanding and forgiving are very important qualities to staying together and IMO the best way to resolve grey issues where there is no clear right/wrong or each of you thinks the other is wrong.
Vince19 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:32 pm
Make trust and forgiveness your default mode.
If and when they have a disagreement or argument, and if they can’t resolve it, happy couples default to trusting and forgiving rather than distrusting and begrudging.

Ms-kenna
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Ms-kenna » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:50 am

I think little gifts are important. Mother’s Day is coming along, perhaps I should start dropping some hits on simple gifts that the dad and the little one can enjoy shopping and receiving for me! Little things like that help keep the love strong. Keep on building that relationships!

Recently came across this gift idea, I think not just for Mother’s Day, perhaps we can get for our own hubby, kids as well. Seem like the kids would love these multi coloured preserved flower domes. A little cute gift goes a Long way sometimes! Found it online at https://www.gerbilsgarden.com/preservedflowers

EstherP
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:3

Post by EstherP » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:55 am

Ms-kenna wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:50 am
I think little gifts are important. Mother’s Day is coming along, perhaps I should start dropping some hits on simple gifts that the dad and the little one can enjoy shopping and receiving for me! Little things like that help keep the love strong. Keep on building that relationships!

Recently came across this gift idea, I think not just for Mother’s Day, perhaps we can get for our own hubby, kids as well. Seem like the kids would love these multi coloured preserved flower domes. A little cute gift goes a Long way sometimes! Found it online at https://www.gerbilsgarden.com/preservedflowers
You have such an amazing idea! Perfect for Mother's day. I must agree we should get for our hubby and kids too!

sandraisies
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by sandraisies » Thu May 09, 2019 5:44 pm

Bookmarked this thread! Love the tips and plan on checking back if ever I need some encouragement :)

Joanne25
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by Joanne25 » Wed May 22, 2019 10:12 am

Talk about random things before going to sleep. One way of bonding together and hug and kisses before sleep and after waking up too!

matthiasleehy
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by matthiasleehy » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:21 pm

Read from John Gottman's research (www.gothman.com):

1. Know each other's likes and dislikes
2. Continue to nurture your friendship
3. Accept each other's influence in your life
4. Maintain a 5:1 positive interaction v.s. negative ones
5. Solve the solvable problems in your marriage
6. Uncover each other's hidden dreams and honor them
7. Create things like family rituals to establish shared meaning

hxranmay5
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by hxranmay5 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:01 pm

this is very helpful!! especially the first one :)

germmy
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
Total Likes:1

Post by germmy » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:06 pm

matthiasleehy wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:21 pm
Read from John Gottman's research (www.gothman.com):

1. Know each other's likes and dislikes
2. Continue to nurture your friendship
3. Accept each other's influence in your life
4. Maintain a 5:1 positive interaction v.s. negative ones
5. Solve the solvable problems in your marriage
6. Uncover each other's hidden dreams and honor them
7. Create things like family rituals to establish shared meaning
This is a really good reminder. We all have our hidden dreams and being able to fulfill them for each other will surely bring about a closer and more appreciated relationship. Thank you for this!

BranT
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by BranT » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:39 am

Some of the habits listed on this thread, we are already doing. But discovering other things we can do to have a happy relationship is definitely good! Cheers to more happy couples!