10 Habits of happy couples

Successful parenting is founded on successful relationships between spouses and relatives. We must not neglect our spouse while we focus our attention on grooming our children to become the best they can be. Discuss relationship issues here.
sandraisies
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: 10 Habits of happy couples

Post by sandraisies » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:10 pm

My husband and I set aside 1 day a week for a "us time" away from the kids. Grandparents help to take care of our 2 kids so we can go for a dinner date. Always thankful for our alone time, reminds us why we fell in love in the first place :)

kimmy4
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:3

Post by kimmy4 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:38 am

sandraisies wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:10 pm
My husband and I set aside 1 day a week for a "us time" away from the kids. Grandparents help to take care of our 2 kids so we can go for a dinner date. Always thankful for our alone time, reminds us why we fell in love in the first place :)
Alone time with DH is really important to rekindle your love for each other. When you have a family, priorities change esp when you have kids. But having alone time helps a lot! That's what we do as well. :love:

CarolW
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by CarolW » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:11 am

Spending time with each other without the kids at least once a week is goof start to rekindle your relationship. Go for a little date even just a few hours. ;)

Joanne25
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by Joanne25 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:44 am

Just to add, accept each other's flaw and learn to understand each other, if your partner is tired let him rest if your wife is not in the mood, try to ask her why. Simple things can make you both happy.

JassyT
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:3

Post by JassyT » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:46 am

Joanne25 wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:44 am
Just to add, accept each other's flaw and learn to understand each other, if your partner is tired let him rest if your wife is not in the mood, try to ask her why. Simple things can make you both happy.
Agreed! Helping each other grow and understanding that each of us as individuals has our own flaws.. i'm glad my DH has been very understanding.. :love:

honkah
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by honkah » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:08 pm

Take five minutes each morning and each night to simply hold each other. This is a wonderful way to start and end your day.

GregJennings
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by GregJennings » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:55 pm

Dusty2016 wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:06 pm
This will also help you : https://www.datingthrone.com
Thanks for the resource.

I've found that one of our favorite habits is the first one listed in the first post...go to bed at the same time.

This allows us to be on a schedule, which lets us get the kids to bed on time and everything runs much smoother with that being done!

It gives us our time alone, and it makes the kids easier to deal with the next day because they got enough sleep.

Whereas if we go off schedule and they go to bed too late they are tired and cranky the next day, making the start of the next day a hurricane....and we all know how those days go!

Vince19
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by Vince19 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:38 pm

I may not have the 10 complete suggestions on how to be a happy couple but what can we suggest is to never compare your relationship to other couples. Refrain from posting your moments together on any social media website as this may cause insecurities for both of you. Enjoy little things together, grab a cup of coffee or an ice-cold beer, and talk anything like you used to do before you settle down.