Difficult Relationship with Parents

Successful parenting is founded on successful relationships between spouses and relatives. We must not neglect our spouse while we focus our attention on grooming our children to become the best they can be. Discuss relationship issues here.

Who do you get along better with?

My parents - of course, no question about it!
82%
My in-laws - surprise surprise!
18%

Total votes : 45

Difficult Relationship with Parents

Postby autumnbronze » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:56 pm

Thank you foreverj, toddles, LKVM, mummy of 2 for your feedback in the other thread.

Yes, I agree that we shouldn't be 'focusing' on the negative, but at the same time, I'd like to think that we can pour our feelings out openly w/o being judged and yes, definitely be inspired to learn from others' examples and try to have a better r/s with our family, though personally, from my r/s with my own mom, it has boiled down to one that has become superficial and will remain so cuz mom is too steeped in her way of thinking lah. But then again .... there's always hope right??? :wink: :lol:

BTW, the title is so that its not only confined to mummies r/s with their mummies only. Hey, we may have some male forummers who may want to share their input too :D
Last edited by autumnbronze on Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

autumnbronze
Councillor
Councillor

Postby foreverj » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:05 pm

wow autumnbronze

u damned efficient leh! *thumbs up* wil post later. on my way home now...but thought i wil report first hehe..

foreverj
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby LKVM » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:07 pm

Hey autumnbronze.. did u alraedy voted for the poll cause i did for parents then guess foreverj did for IL dunno who the 3rd one... or did u wrongly voted???

LKVM
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby foreverj » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:08 pm

oh can i suggest your poll include "my in-laws are easier to get along with (although there are certainly other issues)" something along that line? thanks :)

foreverj
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby foreverj » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:08 pm

lovekidsverymuch wrote:Hey autumnbronze.. did u alraedy voted for the poll cause i did for parents then guess foreverj did for IL dunno who the 3rd one... or did u wrongly voted???

excuse me, not me hor... i haven't vote leh.

foreverj
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby autumnbronze » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:08 pm

foreverj wrote:wow autumnbronze

u damned efficient leh! *thumbs up* wil post later. on my way home now...but thought i wil report first hehe..

:oops: :oops: Eh, no lah... I didn't want to keep you all waiting. Must strike while the iron is hot right :lol: All this I did in between while feeding my DS lunch and putting him to sleep. Multitasking lah :wink: :wink:

autumnbronze
Councillor
Councillor

Postby autumnbronze » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:10 pm

lovekidsverymuch wrote:Hey autumnbronze.. did u alraedy voted for the poll cause i did for parents then guess foreverj did for IL dunno who the 3rd one... or did u wrongly voted???

No leh ... I haven't voted yet :?

autumnbronze
Councillor
Councillor

Postby LKVM » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:10 pm

autumnbronze wrote:All this I did in between while feeding my DS lunch and putting him to sleep. Multitasking lah :wink: :wink:

wow u become superwoman already last time u came online when ur DS poo now can come when lunching :P :P

LKVM
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby LKVM » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:11 pm

autumnbronze wrote:

No leh ... I haven't voted yet :?

is it a way to know who voted for whom? :?

LKVM
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Difficult Relationship with Parents

Postby sakura_2009 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:12 pm

autumnbronze wrote:Thank you foreverj, toddles, LKVM, mummy of 2 for your feedback in the other thread.

Yes, I agree that we shouldn't be 'focusing' on the negative, but at the same time, I'd like to think that we can pour our feelings out openly w/o being judged and yes, definitely be inspired to learn from others' examples and try to have a better r/s with our family, though personally, from my r/s with my own mom, it has boiled down to one that has become superficial and will remain so cuz mom is too steeped in her way of thinking lah. But then again .... there's always hope right??? :wink: :lol:

Thank you very much for starting this thread, Autumnbronze.

I know every child have their own kind of relationship with their parents (mum and dad) but like you, my r/s with my mum has really become 'superficial'. We simply can't seem to 'connect' anymore, apart from the fact that I still call her mum...she too, has become too 'steeped' in her way of thinking...she, as the mother, is always RIGHT, and me, as the daughter, should ALWAYS be the one to give way to her etc... :cry: sorry for the rant here ...

sakura_2009
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Next

Return to Relationships