Buying groceries, online or not?

KiasuParents are not only kiasu about our children - we are serious when it comes to good food. Discuss all culinary matters here, from cooking to buffets or fine dining.

Online grocery shopping

Yes, try it!
86%
No, not worth the effort!
14%

Total votes: 44

laughingcat
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:10

Re: Buying groceries, online or not?

Post by laughingcat » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:29 pm

And and.....buying detergent and haircare/skincare/bodycare products are cheaper at Venus. Can order online and free shipping with minimum purchase of $50

Can earn vpoint for every $10

qms
ClassMonitor
ClassMonitor
Total Likes:13

Post by qms » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:08 pm

laughingcat wrote:And and.....buying detergent and haircare/skincare/bodycare products are cheaper at Venus. Can order online and free shipping with minimum purchase of $50

Can earn vpoint for every $10
Are the prices you see online to same as those at the outlets?

bridgette78
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by bridgette78 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:40 pm

I am using Red Mart but notified that it would be under Lazada soon. Not sure how this will affect the prices or delivery details.

ngl2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:74

Post by ngl2010 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:27 pm

bridgette78 wrote:I am using Red Mart but notified that it would be under Lazada soon. Not sure how this will affect the prices or delivery details.
Lazada acquired Redmart around end of 2016 so it has been 2 years under Lazada. Now only change name. I don’t think it will affect the prices.

Anyway, can always compare the prices with other online supermarkets easily. But before you quit Redmart, it’s better to use the voucher that they gave when we agreed to migrate our account to Lazada about 2 weeks ago :smile:

Zappy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by Zappy » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:24 am

Can try EAmart too. The prices are similar to Redmart and they dont have a minimum order for free delivery. I have done both and found the price about the same (+/- 10c). Haven't tried NTUC online before though. Also, I did a google for coupons and some of the online coupons actually work for EAmart (eg. 12% off, etc).

laughingcat
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by laughingcat » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:44 pm

thanks Zappy, I will try EAmart the next time round.

qms, i usually keyed in the pricing of my regular products in my phone. So whenever I saw a good deal will easily be able to compare the prices. Most of my regular products seen at Venus HDB outlet are the same as the Venus online, for instance the big big item like softlan. But there are 1 or 2 of my regular products only sold as carton price. You might want to do your own check. Anyway the beauty of online, is one can cross-checked other stores for comparison.

bridgette78
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by bridgette78 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:41 pm

ngl2010 wrote:
bridgette78 wrote:I am using Red Mart but notified that it would be under Lazada soon. Not sure how this will affect the prices or delivery details.
Lazada acquired Redmart around end of 2016 so it has been 2 years under Lazada. Now only change name. I don’t think it will affect the prices.

Anyway, can always compare the prices with other online supermarkets easily. But before you quit Redmart, it’s better to use the voucher that they gave when we agreed to migrate our account to Lazada about 2 weeks ago :smile:
Thx for the reminder :)

Michy79
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by Michy79 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:42 pm

Vouchers are great deals when buying online.. Sometimes you'll get a lot of discounts than buying in a physical store.