What is your dinner?

KiasuParents are not only kiasu about our children - we are serious when it comes to good food. Discuss all culinary matters here, from cooking to buffets or fine dining.
MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:16

Re: What is your dinner?

Post by MrsKiasu » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:30 am

MyPillow wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:35 am
I had gd dining on RC last night
Roast beef v soft n fresh

share more share more :please:

EstherP
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by EstherP » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:19 am

Scrolling through this thread because I'm so hungry.. now I know what to eat! :D

JethroLam
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by JethroLam » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:24 am

I just bought a box of Miso paste from the japan fair at singpost. The barley version makes a delicious soup. I highly recommend!!

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:154

Post by Nebbermind » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:13 pm

harbinger2020
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by harbinger2020 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:32 pm

Swee Guan Hokkien Mee! :)

Geylang is perhaps regarded by most locals as the epicentre of Singapore's flesh trade - dirty spas, seedy brothels, less than legal prostitution rackets and whatnot abound. Then again initiated gluttons will have you duly educated about a supper scene thriving amidst one festering mix of sex, drugs and sleaze. On any given late evening boisterous patrons throng popular eateries and cookhouses across sin city till wee hours; ostensibly with great food and even better company folks never go gentle into that good night.

Might legitimate hawker legends hail from the red light district? We went prowling for answers, hoping to be pleasantly impressed. Presented herein are our thoughts surrounding Swee Guan Hokkien Mee at Lorong 29 visited this time round.

.............Compared with hokkien mee sampled elsewhere, Swee Guan's version gratified on two counts: magnanimously dense manifestation of wok hei and ambrosial gooeyness coating every morsel (regretfully its sambal chilli was rather uneventful). Prawns turned out sufficiently crunchy and firm whilst them bouncy squid rings imparted mild sweetness; however dismally small quantities featured. Besides, whatever happened to a customary scattering of pork belly slices? Meh.

More at https://www.thefooddossier.com/2019/06/ ... n-mee.html

BranT
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by BranT » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:32 am

Got my dinner from Outram Park Yahua Rou Gu Cha.. I ordered a bowl of the lean ribs bak kut teh, plus a bowl of kidney soup, both of which were pretty good. The broth of the bak kut teh was nice and peppery, but not too spicy, but just with a slight burn to the throat in a very pleasant way. The meat was also tender, and dipped in just a bit of dark soy sauce, along with rice, it was delicious.