All about Mangoes

KiasuParents are not only kiasu about our children - we are serious when it comes to good food. Discuss all culinary matters here, from cooking to buffets or fine dining.

All about Mangoes

Postby cmm » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:12 am

Anyone know where to get Alphonso Mangoes in Singapore? :drool:


Image

cmm
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 458
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:15 pm
Total Likes: 1


Postby jessnom » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:19 am

mustafa brings them in every year.

jessnom
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:27 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby cmm » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:22 am

jessnom wrote:mustafa brings them in every year.


Realli?? Must make a trip there liao! :thankyou: jessnom!

cmm
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 458
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:15 pm
Total Likes: 1


Postby jessnom » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:27 am

yup i make my annual prilgramage for the mangoes. u hv to brave the crowd though! This yr luckily we hv friends who had gone to india and will bring back some for us. Phew!

jessnom
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:27 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Alphonso Mango

Postby autumnbronze » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:27 am

cmm wrote:Anyone know where to get Alphonso Mangoes in Singapore? :drool:




cmm,

I just lurrrrrve mangoes. Whats the diff bet this and the thai or malaysian ones? Are they sweeter??

autumnbronze
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 11857
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:54 pm
Total Likes: 63



Postby autumnbronze » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:27 am

jessnom wrote:mustafa brings them in every year.


When, specifically??? :D

autumnbronze
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 11857
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:54 pm
Total Likes: 63


Postby jessnom » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:11 am

autumnbronze wrote:
jessnom wrote:mustafa brings them in every year.


When, specifically??? :D


it should be available now, it's the mango season!!

jessnom
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:27 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Alphonso Mango

Postby cmm » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:24 am

autumnbronze wrote:
cmm wrote:Anyone know where to get Alphonso Mangoes in Singapore? :drool:




cmm,

I just lurrrrrve mangoes. Whats the diff bet this and the thai or malaysian ones? Are they sweeter??


autumnbronze, these are supposed to be among the best of mango varieties, the 猫山王 of mangoes :drool:

They are in season now thru May.

cmm
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 458
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:15 pm
Total Likes: 1


Re: Alphonso Mango

Postby Way2GO » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:35 am

cmm wrote: autumnbronze, these are supposed to be among the best of mango varieties, the 猫山王 of mangoes :drool:

They are in season now thru May.


Is this the best?
Must check it out :lol:

There is a variety of Thai mangoes
dat I can't find here.
Don't remember the Thai name for it
But was told they are d best Thai mangoes;
fragrant, nice mango shape n colour,
not fibrous, very sweet n smooth,
U can get them in Chatuchak market
in BKK.
:celebrate:

Way2GO
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 4494
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:33 pm
Total Likes: 4


Re: Alphonso Mango

Postby cmm » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:37 am

Way2GO wrote:
cmm wrote: autumnbronze, these are supposed to be among the best of mango varieties, the 猫山王 of mangoes :drool:

They are in season now thru May.


Is this the best?
Must check it out :lol:

There is a variety of Thai mangoes
dat I can't find here.
Don't remember the Thai name for it
But was told they are d best Thai mangoes;
fragrant, nice mango shape n colour,
not fibrous, very sweet n smooth,
U can get them in Chatuchak market
in BKK.
:celebrate:


Alphonso mango is from India. :celebrate:

cmm
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 458
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:15 pm
Total Likes: 1


Next

Return to Tuckshop