Good food at Toa Payoh / HDB Hub

KiasuParents are not only kiasu about our children - we are serious when it comes to good food. Discuss all culinary matters here, from cooking to buffets or fine dining.

Good food at Toa Payoh / HDB Hub

Postby tankee » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:41 am

Come share your favourite food hunts in Toa Payoh including the HDB Hub.

:wink:

tankee
Site Admin
 
Posts: 17790
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:04 pm
Location: Singapore
Total Likes: 18


Postby jedamum » Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:24 pm

chicken rice near to TPY library. cheap and good.

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 8519
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:58 pm
Total Likes: 20


Postby qms » Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:59 pm

The hawker centre in Lor 7 (where the cheap mixed vegetables rice is located) has the following stalls that sell very good food:

1. Beef noodle (next to the original mixed vegetable rice stall)
2. Oyster omelette
3. Fish ball noodles
4. Turtle soup

In addition, there is one stall selling Indonesia-style grilled chicken. The stall was in the first series of "Buzzing Cashier" (Qiang Tan Da Xing Dong).

The hawker centre in Lor 1 (Blk 127) also has a very famous carrot cake stall (#02-30). :drool:

qms
ClassMonitor
ClassMonitor
 
Posts: 10982
Joined: Thu May 07, 2009 10:35 am
Total Likes: 12


Postby jedamum » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:24 pm

qms wrote:The hawker centre in Lor 7 (where the cheap mixed vegetables rice is located) has the following stalls that sell very good food:

2. Oyster omelette


from what i know,
they are closed on Mondays.
other days, they only open shop after 3pm.

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 8519
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:58 pm
Total Likes: 20


Postby Way2GO » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:21 pm

qms wrote:
The hawker centre in Lor 1 (Blk 127) also has a very famous carrot cake stall (#02-30). :drool:


There is more than one fried carrot cake stall in this HC.
U r referring to Chey Sua carrot cake stall, rite?
Very good indeed but also very oily.

Other good food here:
1. 'Come daily' fried hokkien mee
2. Fishball noodles
3. Teochew pau
4. Fish soup; though std has dropped.

:celebrate:

Way2GO
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 4494
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:33 pm
Total Likes: 4



Postby Guest » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:22 pm

Way2GO wrote:
qms wrote:
The hawker centre in Lor 1 (Blk 127) also has a very famous carrot cake stall (#02-30). :drool:


There is more than one fried carrot cake stall in this HC.
U r referring to Chey Sua carrot cake stall, rite?
Very good indeed but also very oily.

Other good food here:
1. 'Come daily' fried hokkien mee
2. Fishball noodles
3. Teochew pau
4. Fish soup; though std has dropped.

:celebrate:


Yes, agree that the Teochew pau there is very good! Love the kong bak pau, siew mai, small pau and 'char siew rice':rahrah:
Guest
 

Postby qms » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:24 pm

Way2GO wrote:U r referring to Chey Sua carrot cake stall, rite?


Yes, if my interpretation of Chey Sua (Qing Shan) is correct. The three sisters helm the stall, right?

Way2GO wrote:3. Teochew pau


Nice, but the pau very small, hor? How many do you eat each time?

qms
ClassMonitor
ClassMonitor
 
Posts: 10982
Joined: Thu May 07, 2009 10:35 am
Total Likes: 12


Postby tree nymph » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:30 pm

There's a coffee shop at blk 95, lor 4 - the fish and chips there is simply delicious!

:drool: :drool: :drool:
Last edited by tree nymph on Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tree nymph
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 3650
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:35 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby Guest » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:34 pm

qms wrote:
Way2GO wrote:U r referring to Chey Sua carrot cake stall, rite?


Yes, if my interpretation of Chey Sua (Qing Shan) is correct. The three sisters helm the stall, right?

Way2GO wrote:3. Teochew pau


Nice, but the pau very small, hor? How many do you eat each time?


For me, it is precisely the small size that I like, easy to eat, 2 bites, kau teem! :lol:
Guest
 

Postby tankee » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:52 pm

25hourmaid wrote:Yes, agree that the Teochew pau there is very good! Love the kong bak pau, siew mai, small pau and 'char siew rice':rahrah:


how's the kong bak pau as compared to west lake's?

tankee
Site Admin
 
Posts: 17790
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:04 pm
Location: Singapore
Total Likes: 18


Next

Return to Tuckshop