Good Food at Vivo City

KiasuParents are not only kiasu about our children - we are serious when it comes to good food. Discuss all culinary matters here, from cooking to buffets or fine dining.

Good Food at Vivo City

Postby VitoRelax » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:07 pm

I seldom goto Vivo City. To stop myself being a suaku, thought of going there soon.

But any good food to eat in VivoCity ?

VitoRelax
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2735
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:46 pm
Total Likes: 2


Re: Good Food at Vivo City

Postby Guest » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:08 pm

VitoRelax wrote:I seldom goto Vivo City. To stop myself being a suaku, thought of going there soon.

But any good food to eat in VivoCity ?


My son said the hokkien mee at Food Republic there is sedap! Have not tried it myself though. By hokkien mee, I mean those with sotong and prawns.
Guest
 

Re: Good Food at Vivo City

Postby VitoRelax » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:11 pm

25hourmaid wrote:
VitoRelax wrote:I seldom goto Vivo City. To stop myself being a suaku, thought of going there soon.

But any good food to eat in VivoCity ?


My son said the hokkien mee at Food Republic there is sedap! Have not tried it myself though. By hokkien mee, I mean those with sotong and prawns.


Thanks 25hourmaid for the super fast response ... my saliva dripping liao ....

any other good food ? Remember reading paper last time that said the yong tow foo in Food Republic is a rip off at $18 but the stall owner said his yong tow foo is made of good quality stuff.... dunno whether still there or not ...

what else is good at food republic ?

VitoRelax
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2735
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:46 pm
Total Likes: 2


Postby Guest » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:13 pm

Not fast, but so happened that I am online and your post came through. Son's been telling me about the hokkien mee since he had it there a few months ago, but we have not got round to trying it as a family.

And no, we have not eaten at Food Republic before, so cannot recommend anything apart from what my son tried. But I think the prices there are a bit steep for most things.
Guest
 

Postby VitoRelax » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:18 pm

25hourmaid wrote:Not fast, but so happened that I am online and your post came through. Son's been telling me about the hokkien mee since he had it there a few months ago, but we have not got round to trying it as a family.

And no, we have not eaten at Food Republic before, so cannot recommend anything apart from what my son tried. But I think the prices there are a bit steep for most things.


Yes, i remembered I ate Indian Economy rice & paid $10 for it ...

VitoRelax
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2735
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:46 pm
Total Likes: 2



Postby Guest » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:23 pm

VitoRelax wrote:Yes, i remembered I ate Indian Economy rice & paid $10 for it ...


:!: :!: $10 for Indian economy rice!

Ya, son said the hokkien mee cost $4 or $4.50 but the quantity was more like our normal hawker fare, those $3 type that we get from hawker centre. He had no choice then as he was in that area after a project and was near dinner time, so he ordered the hokkien mee. Luckily was nice.
Guest
 

Postby tankee » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:31 pm

Food Republic at Vivo is very expensive.

Nasi Lemak there is good too but prepare to pay $$$

tankee
Site Admin
 
Posts: 17790
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:04 pm
Location: Singapore
Total Likes: 18


Postby jedamum » Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:26 pm

Vivocity's swenson's menu is different from regular Swensons....more upmarket (so is the price).
we usually go Marche.
Food Republic has a stall selling soya bean milk and you tian. must try!
Basement Small Red Dot selling Green Bean bing. must try!

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 8515
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:58 pm
Total Likes: 20


Re: Good Food at Vivo City

Postby autumnbronze » Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:49 pm

VitoRelax wrote:I seldom goto Vivo City. To stop myself being a suaku, thought of going there soon.

But any good food to eat in VivoCity ?


You like mediterrenean food??

Can try Serendipity.

Nice paella :D Enough for 2 or 3 pple.

They also have set lunch or high tea (tapas) menu.

autumnbronze
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 11856
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:54 pm
Total Likes: 63


Postby minnie2004 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:12 pm

If you like Indian food, you can try "Go India" on the 1st floor. I went there for a kid's birthday party before and liked the food there so went back again for a buffet dinner. The food is not so spicy so the kids can eat too. Also I like the fresh garlic naan there :drool:

minnie2004
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 506
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:03 pm
Total Likes: 0


Next

Return to Tuckshop