what is your favourite instance paste?

KiasuParents are not only kiasu about our children - we are serious when it comes to good food. Discuss all culinary matters here, from cooking to buffets or fine dining.

what is your favourite instance paste?

Postby Lynn2 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:06 am

I am pretty lazy to prepare all the paste from scratch, so has cut short prepartion by buying packet paste from the supermarket.

What is your favourite brand?

I love prema deli, their chillie crab paste is awesome...

Do you have any other brand to share?

Lynn2
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby blueblue » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:30 am

I love the A1 curry chicken paste. There are 2 types though. I am referring to the one from Malaysia.

blueblue
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Joy » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:34 am

May I know what is the difference between them and also the style of curri is chinese or more to the non chinese type curri?thanks

Anyone knows where to buy fresh belacan, as in the pink color type?I know from malacca itself but wonder is there any supplier here in singapore.thanks

blueblue wrote:I love the A1 curry chicken paste. There are 2 types though. I am referring to the one from Malaysia.

Joy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Mrsbongz » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:12 am

my MIL recently intro me to the AYam brand rendang paste.. very nice!!

Mrsbongz
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby pokemon » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:49 pm

im looking for ready-made black pepper sauce, i have tried singlong brand, find it abit sweet, would prefer the taste like in black pepper crab in seafood restaurant. Anyone can recommend?

pokemon
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby cascada » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:57 pm

My family loves Prima Taste Singapore Curry Paste & Mix. Yummy!

cascada
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby blueblue » Wed May 05, 2010 5:45 pm

Joy wrote:May I know what is the difference between them and also the style of curri is chinese or more to the non chinese type curri?thanks

Anyone knows where to buy fresh belacan, as in the pink color type?I know from malacca itself but wonder is there any supplier here in singapore.thanks

blueblue wrote:I love the A1 curry chicken paste. There are 2 types though. I am referring to the one from Malaysia.

The difference to me is the taste. The Singapore type doesn't taste nice when though I used the same cooking method for these 2. I would put the style more to chinese but with a hint of non chinese type..contains crushes of dried peppers.
Last edited by blueblue on Wed May 05, 2010 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blueblue
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby blueblue » Wed May 05, 2010 5:49 pm

I want to recommend this bottle of cripsy prawn chilli. It is very very nice!

It is called BH Crispy Prawn Chilli. Can be used as contiment for noodles, rice, stir fry veg, grill prawns, fried fish etc..

Can onli be found in Giant and Prime supermarkts.

blueblue
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Return to Tuckshop