Barcelos Grilled Chicken

KiasuParents are not only kiasu about our children - we are serious when it comes to good food. Discuss all culinary matters here, from cooking to buffets or fine dining.

Barcelos Grilled Chicken

Postby tankee » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:58 pm

I walked past this shop today, Barcelos Grilled Chicken. Somehow I have never noticed this shop before.

Have anyone tried this? Is it good?

:wink:
Last edited by tankee on Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

tankee
Site Admin

Postby blueblue » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:13 pm

am curious too..however read some reviews..doesn't seem good..the portion is very small..hope they can improve in that..and only 1 side dish..

blueblue
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby qms » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:34 am

Don't know about the quality of food, but it's expensive.

qms
ClassMonitor
ClassMonitor

Postby tankee » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:47 pm

thanks, so can skip :wink:

tankee
Site Admin

Postby Sammie » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:28 pm

Barcelos is similar to Nandos. I loved Nandos but i prefer to have it across the causeway. So if you asked me to choose between Nandos and Barcelos for dinner in SG. I shall pick Barcelos and the burger is nice. JMHO

Sammie
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby tankee » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:55 am

hi Sammie, how's Barcelo compared to Kenny's in your opinion?

tankee
Site Admin

Postby fattysuperfamily » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:04 pm

Barcelos, the one in Square 2?
All along, thought it was a another fancy fried chicken concept...
happened to be working around the area and it seems quiet all the time...maybe it is ex...

fattysuperfamily
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby tankee » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:09 pm

The one that i saw is at Vivo City.

tankee
Site Admin

Postby cantbearit2 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:24 pm

Juz tried it today at the Kovan branch.

We only tried the pasta and chicken cutlet. DH din like the pasta and commented the ones at Pasta Mania is nicer (he said the ones I made at home is far nicer, hee...). As for the chicken cutlet, it comes with 2 sides. I chose fries (for DD) and mashed potatoes. Nothing special abt the fries but the mashed potatoes taste horrible. Sorry for this word but that's exactly how i feel. the gravy is cold unlike those in Popeye's where it's hot and tasty.

Maybe their other BBQ chicken dish is nice (we were not in the mood for BBQ) but we din try it. Anyway, we both agree we will not give it another shot. Good luck to those who still want to try it. :wink:

cantbearit2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby blueblue » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:10 pm

cantbearit2 wrote:Juz tried it today at the Kovan branch.

We only tried the pasta and chicken cutlet. DH din like the pasta and commented the ones at Pasta Mania is nicer (he said the ones I made at home is far nicer, hee...). As for the chicken cutlet, it comes with 2 sides. I chose fries (for DD) and mashed potatoes. Nothing special abt the fries but the mashed potatoes taste horrible. Sorry for this word but that's exactly how i feel. the gravy is cold unlike those in Popeye's where it's hot and tasty.

Maybe their other BBQ chicken dish is nice (we were not in the mood for BBQ) but we din try it. Anyway, we both agree we will not give it another shot. Good luck to those who still want to try it. :wink:

Is there a branch in Kovan? I pass by everyday but no impression there is a Barcelos branch? There is a BBQ Chicken though..

Barcelos branch made an impression on me coz of the logo when I passed by Vivocity..they look like Nandos..but BBQ Chicken don't hv this logo..plus Barcelos has only one side dish

blueblue
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Next

Return to Tuckshop