Local Desserts

KiasuParents are not only kiasu about our children - we are serious when it comes to good food. Discuss all culinary matters here, from cooking to buffets or fine dining.

Local Desserts

Postby tankee » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:02 pm

Any recommendation where to eat good local desserts like chendol, red bean soup, etc

I used to go to a stall called 青天 at Red Hill Hawker Centre but it is kind of out of the way for me now.

Any good ones in marine parade area ?

:wink:

tankee
Site Admin

Postby Jennifer » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:40 pm

There is one along Temple Street (the shop signboard is visible when driving pass Eu Tong Sen). Saw many pple sitting outside. I very simple minded= many pple=good food :lol:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jce » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:51 am

There's a dessert stall at the Bedok Food Market (?), the one near Tanah Merah mrt, opposite a stretch of shophouses including Cold Storage.

jce
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Muffins » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:01 pm

You should try the one at Newton, very good quality :)

Muffins
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Local Dessert Link

Postby parent_in_west » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:38 pm

You can try some of the stalls recommended in this link:

http://www.goodfood.sg/dessert

parent_in_west
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Local Desserts

Postby schweppes » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:28 am

tankee wrote:Any recommendation where to eat good local desserts like chendol, red bean soup, etc

I used to go to a stall called 青天 at Red Hill Hawker Centre but it is kind of out of the way for me now.

Any good ones in marine parade area ?

:wink:

Tankee, how about the dessert shop at Katong Shopping Centre? It's located at the basement (B1) and next to the food court. My family and I love the desserts there.

Some of our faves: mango and pomelo with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, berry pudding with ice cream, sesame "soup", ah-bo-ling (dd1's fave), longan drink. And when the family came down with cough, we had their papaya and white fungus double boiled "soup". Really helps to sooth the throat. They also sell simple dianxin like chee cheong fun, soon kueh and yam cake. I'm not even a yam cake fan but I love eating their yam cake.

Sori, can't remember the name of the shop but it's not hard to find as it is the only dessert shop next to the food court at B1.

:offtopic: and if you are there for lunch or dinner, you MUST eat the chicken rice at the food court, and if you and dw are into rum balls and ds into choc tarts, go to Dona Manis Cake shop (also at B1) to buy some home. Their rum balls and choc tarts are heavenly.

{See lah!! describe soo much, makes me want to go there this weekend!!}

:drool: :drool: :wink:

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor

Postby buds » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:16 am

Jennifer wrote:Saw many pple sitting outside. I very simple minded= many pple=good food :lol:

:rotflmao:

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby tankee » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:26 pm

Jennifer wrote:There is one along Temple Street (the shop signboard is visible when driving pass Eu Tong Sen). Saw many pple sitting outside. I very simple minded= many pple=good food :lol:

thanks Jennifer, I share the same mindset as you. Queue = Good Food. :wink:

tankee
Site Admin

Postby tankee » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:28 pm

jce wrote:There's a dessert stall at the Bedok Food Market (?), the one near Tanah Merah mrt, opposite a stretch of shophouses including Cold Storage.

:idea: I only know of a 清汤 stall there. I'll certainly try your recommendation the next time I am there. thanks. :wink:

tankee
Site Admin

Re: Local Desserts

Postby tankee » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:32 pm

schweppes wrote:Tankee, how about the dessert shop at Katong Shopping Centre? It's located at the basement (B1) and next to the food court. My family and I love the desserts there.

Some of our faves: mango and pomelo with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, berry pudding with ice cream, sesame "soup", ah-bo-ling (dd1's fave), longan drink. And when the family came down with cough, we had their papaya and white fungus double boiled "soup". Really helps to sooth the throat. They also sell simple dianxin like chee cheong fun, soon kueh and yam cake. I'm not even a yam cake fan but I love eating their yam cake.

Sori, can't remember the name of the shop but it's not hard to find as it is the only dessert shop next to the food court at B1.

:offtopic: and if you are there for lunch or dinner, you MUST eat the chicken rice at the food court, and if you and dw are into rum balls and ds into choc tarts, go to Dona Manis Cake shop (also at B1) to buy some home. Their rum balls and choc tarts are heavenly.

{See lah!! describe soo much, makes me want to go there this weekend!!}

:drool: :drool: :wink:

thanks schweppes

You had made me want to rush out there now to grab some :wink: :oops:

I'll definitely try your recommendations, including the rum balls. :celebrate:

tankee
Site Admin

Next

Return to Tuckshop