Turkey

KiasuParents are not only kiasu about our children - we are serious when it comes to good food. Discuss all culinary matters here, from cooking to buffets or fine dining.

Turkey

Postby happymom_aa » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:04 am

Hi,

Any recommendation for nice turkey?

Not considering those from Cold Storage as they required heat-up. Wanted those that can roast on the collection day.

Got mine from Takashimaya last year but seems they are not doing it this year.

Pls help as needed for my xmas party.

Thanks in advance ...

happymom_aa
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby autumnbronze » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:46 pm

Any recommendations for roasted turkey breast??

Got mine from Intercontinental Hotel last year and was a hit with family. It was done with an Asian twist.

But I am open to recommendations :D

autumnbronze
Councillor
Councillor

Re: Turkey

Postby MummyThreeStreams » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:18 pm

happymom_aa,
I was at united square over the week-end and saw that cedele is taking orders. But quite expensive, over $100 for a turkey that feeds 10. swensens also sells - $79.

But I don't know if they're good or if they roast on the collection day. I think quite hard to do that. I have contemplated roasting a turkey but was deterred by the long prep and cooking time.

I've ordered from cold storage for thanksgiving weekend. My first time, hope it's not too bad!

MummyThreeStreams
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby starlight1968sg » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:27 pm

I always order mine from NTUC Fairprice. I know it is reasonably priced and my expectations are not very high. Usually we supplement it with ham, sausages and even steamboat either on xmas eve or xmas day.

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Eddow » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:16 pm

I'm staying on the East. I ordered from this shop (CHEZCAKE BISTRO) along Haid Road, since last year and had already ordered for this year as well..

The turkey is cooked and ready to serve. We've try frozen ones and it take real long time to get it totally cooked. When order from them, they'll time the turkey to be ready at the time of collection, so that you can collect it while hot. They'll not reheat it cos it'll spoilt the taste of the meat.

Eddow
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby mrswongtuition » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:44 pm

I've been roasting turkeys for the past 10 years! The most tiring part was preparing the stuffing & ensuring the turkey is basted...
Did not know that we could buy freshly roasted turkeys...
Always thought they were the prepared and chilled type from supermarkets...

mrswongtuition
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MummyThreeStreams » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:07 pm

Wow mrswongtuition! You roast your own turkey? I have been contemplating it for several years, but like I said above, I get scared of the amount of time needed to do it.

How long do you take to prepare the turkey (incl. stuffing)? I'm sure your turkey is much better than those we are ordering!

MummyThreeStreams
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby happymom_aa » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:35 pm

Eddow wrote:I'm staying on the East. I ordered from this shop (CHEZCAKE BISTRO) along Haid Road, since last year and had already ordered for this year as well..

The turkey is cooked and ready to serve. We've try frozen ones and it take real long time to get it totally cooked. When order from them, they'll time the turkey to be ready at the time of collection, so that you can collect it while hot. They'll not reheat it cos it'll spoilt the taste of the meat.

Thanks for sharing.
I've emailed them for the menu.
Just to check, for the turkey, are they giving cranberry sauce or apple sauce?

Thks

happymom_aa
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby mikii » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:50 pm

I've order mine from Royal's Tampines, hopefull nice 8)

mikii
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby carebear » Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:34 pm

I got my turkey from Chezcake Bistro in Joo Chiat.
It was the most succulent turkey that i have ever had!
The breast was cooked to perfection.
The service was punctual, the turkey, freshly roasted, came out at exactly 6pm which was my collection time.
Next year, i will be back for more.

In addition, the cheese cakes were also excellent!

carebear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Tuckshop