Blender, food processor or juicer ?

KiasuParents are not only kiasu about our children - we are serious when it comes to good food. Discuss all culinary matters here, from cooking to buffets or fine dining.

Blender, food processor or juicer ?

Postby kittybank » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:54 pm

I need an equipment to make smoothie, extract juices from soft fruits like orange and hard fruits like apples. Do I get a blender? Juicer? or food processor? Could someone recommend?

Thank you.

kittybank
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Blender, food processor or juicer ?

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:00 pm

wormy wrote:I need an equipment to make smoothie, extract juices from soft fruits like orange and hard fruits like apples. Do I get a blender? Juicer? or food processor? Could someone recommend?

Thank you.

I use a juicer for that. Great for juice from celery, carrot and tomatoes too. 8)

Postby kittybank » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:55 pm

25hourmaid wrote:
wormy wrote:I need an equipment to make smoothie, extract juices from soft fruits like orange and hard fruits like apples. Do I get a blender? Juicer? or food processor? Could someone recommend?

Thank you.

I use a juicer for that. Great for juice from celery, carrot and tomatoes too. 8)

Thank you. Is juicer the same as "juice extractor"? There are so many generic names and I am confused. When I look at the pictures on the boxes/brochures, seems like everyone can work with fruits and vegetables. Do you mind telling me which brand you are using?

kittybank
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby jce » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:25 am

Get a juicer that has a wide enough opening so that you can put a whole fruit in. Make sure there's a filter so that you get clear juice. Philips has one in the aluminium series that is pretty good I think. Courts, not sure whether ALL Courts, but I saw that the one near Robinsons (where John Little use to be) having a Philips promotion just outside the store.

I read that Tefal and Kenwood have good juicers too.

Juice extractor and juicer should be the same

jce
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby ksme » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:47 am

You may want to try looking for 1 at the Megatex show at Expo. It's on till 26 dec.

ksme
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:03 am

wormy wrote:Thank you. Is juicer the same as "juice extractor"? There are so many generic names and I am confused. When I look at the pictures on the boxes/brochures, seems like everyone can work with fruits and vegetables. Do you mind telling me which brand you are using?

Thousand apologies wormy! :imsorry: Somehow, don't know why, this post didn't show up the last few days when I logged on, only saw it today, but like they say, better late than never, right? :imcool:

I think a juicer and a juice extractor is the same thing and I agree with you that it can be very confusing sometimes and agree that even pictures on the boxes do not help much too.

Mine is a very old Phillips model. Yes, I need to cut the fruits into smaller pieces before they can be juiced, but no big deal, especially since it is able to give me the fresh juice that I want, right? 8) Taken a picture to show you. Hope it helps you in your search. :D

Return to Tuckshop