Love Letters (Egg Roll, 鸡蛋卷)

KiasuParents are not only kiasu about our children - we are serious when it comes to good food. Discuss all culinary matters here, from cooking to buffets or fine dining.

Which type do you like?

Local Traditional Rolled
11
69%
Folded Plain
1
6%
Folded with peanuts or seasame
0
No votes
Taiwan / Hong Kong Style
3
19%
Modern Type eg Julie's, filled with Chocolate etc
1
6%
 
Total votes : 16

Love Letters (Egg Roll, 鸡蛋卷)

Postby tankee » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:47 pm

Since CNY is coming and we have been chit-chatting on Bak-Kwa, Pineapple tarts, .... but no one talk about Love Letters (Egg Roll, 鸡蛋卷) :?

Which type Love Letters (Egg Roll, 鸡蛋卷) do you like best?

and come share where do you buy them from?

:wink:

tankee
Site Admin
 
Posts: 17790
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:04 pm
Location: Singapore
Total Likes: 18


Postby tankee » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:48 pm

and does anyone know where to buy the folded type with peanuts fillings? :oops:

:wink:

tankee
Site Admin
 
Posts: 17790
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:04 pm
Location: Singapore
Total Likes: 18


Postby BlurBee » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:01 pm

I dun mind eating rolled or folded, as long they are nice. :drool:

:wink:

BlurBee
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 7305
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:28 am
Total Likes: 1


Postby Mrsbongz » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:02 pm

I love the green pandan kind.. folded into quarters.. haahah.

Mrsbongz
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
 
Posts: 787
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:27 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Love Letters (Egg Roll, 鸡蛋卷)

Postby CJS » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:51 pm

tankee wrote:Since CNY is coming and we have been chit-chatting on Bak-Kwa, Pineapple tarts, .... but no one talk about Love Letters (Egg Roll, 鸡蛋卷) :?

Which type Love Letters (Egg Roll, 鸡蛋卷) do you like best?

and come share where do you buy them from?

:wink:


I like the love letters from Bengawan Solo. So Yummy !

CJS
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:25 am
Total Likes: 0



Postby Happy Mama » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:27 pm

I love the HK style egg roll. Yummy!! :drool:

Happy Mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 7526
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:28 am
Total Likes: 1


Postby Lynn2 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:38 pm

Me too.

I love Wing wah.Too bad, cannot find it in singapore.On second thoughts, good also, will not gain weight...

Happy Mama wrote:I love the HK style egg roll. Yummy!! :drool:

Lynn2
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 578
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:24 am
Total Likes: 0


Postby Happy Mama » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:42 pm

Lynn2 wrote:Me too.

I love Wing wah.Too bad, cannot find it in singapore.On second thoughts, good also, will not gain weight...

Happy Mama wrote:I love the HK style egg roll. Yummy!! :drool:



Yes! I used to buy them at the airport before departure. :wink:

Happy Mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 7526
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:28 am
Total Likes: 1


Postby Lynn2 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:46 pm

Same here...hubby will rush to the other side of the airport ,buy it whenever there is a turnaround flight there.

Come to think about it, kee also has egg roll right.


Happy Mama wrote:

Yes! I used to buy them at the airport before departure. :wink:

Lynn2
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 578
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:24 am
Total Likes: 0


Postby Happy Mama » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:52 pm

Lynn2 wrote:Same here...hubby will rush to the other side of the airport ,buy it whenever there is a turnaround flight there.

Come to think about it, kee also has egg roll right.



Ya Kee Wah. They used to have both brands inside the check in terminal until last year or slightly more. Now there's only wing Wah inside. Kee Wah must be bought outside before you check in.

Happy Mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 7526
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:28 am
Total Likes: 1


Next

Return to Tuckshop