Dried Rose buds packets

KiasuParents are not only kiasu about our children - we are serious when it comes to good food. Discuss all culinary matters here, from cooking to buffets or fine dining.

Dried Rose buds packets

Postby sporemum » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:52 pm

I see packets of these being sold in NTUC fairprice.
I suppose u can make drinks out of these.
Can anyone share how about their preparation? Amt to use etc?
What are their health benefits ? Thanks!

sporemum
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Dried Rose buds packets

Postby CMF » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:34 pm

sporemum wrote:I see packets of these being sold in NTUC fairprice.
I suppose u can make drinks out of these.
Can anyone share how about their preparation? Amt to use etc?
What are their health benefits ? Thanks!

Hi

Benefits of rosebud tea : http://www.teapalace.co.uk/Health-Benef ... gredients/

Way to prepare rosebud tea : http://www.kenyateabags.com/product.asp?pID=207&cID=16

CMF
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby schweppes » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:10 pm

I've been drinking rose bud tea for a year now. I have a bottle of water that I carry with me during the day and I will drop about 3-4 rose buds in the bottle.

What I do is to steep the rose buds with a little hot water for about 5mins and then fill the rest of the bottle with room temp water. I love it as it gives a nice aromatic rosy taste to my water.

The other thing is that... uh...don't know if I'm imagining this but sometimes if I drink it often enough, I do see a rosy glow to my cheeks :oops:

:wink:

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor

Postby verykiasu2010 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:23 pm

schweppes wrote:I've been drinking rose bud tea for a year now. I have a bottle of water that I carry with me during the day and I will drop about 3-4 rose buds in the bottle.

What I do is to steep the rose buds with a little hot water for about 5mins and then fill the rest of the bottle with room temp water. I love it as it gives a nice aromatic rosy taste to my water.

The other thing is that... uh...don't know if I'm imagining this but sometimes if I drink it often enough, I do see a rosy glow to my cheeks :oops:

was told rose bud tea is meant for facial complexion improvement
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jtoh » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:43 pm

Interesting. I'm not into floral teas but might just give this a try.

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Postby schweppes » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:12 pm

verykiasu2010 wrote:
schweppes wrote:I've been drinking rose bud tea for a year now. I have a bottle of water that I carry with me during the day and I will drop about 3-4 rose buds in the bottle.

was told rose bud tea is meant for facial complexion improvement

... but .... but... I don't have porcelain looking skin like Fann Wong :cry:

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor

Postby schweppes » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:17 pm

jtoh wrote:Interesting. I'm not into floral teas but might just give this a try.

I'm a tea person :wink:

My current fave blend is rosebuds, rosehip and lemongrass tea.

Benefits:
rosebuds - Vit C
rose hip - Vit C and anti-oxidant properties
lemongrass - good for digestion and water retention

I sometimes make this tea in the evening and give it to the family before we sleep. My girls love drinking them. Good as a nightcap as it gives one a restful sleep :wink:

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor

Postby jtoh » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:33 am

schweppes wrote:
jtoh wrote:Interesting. I'm not into floral teas but might just give this a try.

I'm a tea person :wink:

My current fave blend is rosebuds, rosehip and lemongrass tea.

Benefits:
rosebuds - Vit C
rose hip - Vit C and anti-oxidant properties
lemongrass - good for digestion and water retention

I sometimes make this tea in the evening and give it to the family before we sleep. My girls love drinking them. Good as a nightcap as it gives one a restful sleep :wink:

Where do you normally buy your floral teas from? Any particular brand?

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Postby schweppes » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:38 am

jtoh wrote:Where do you normally buy your floral teas from? Any particular brand?

:imanisland: Good morning jtoh

I usually buy my floral teas from this shop, Perfect Potion, an OZ company with branches in Spore. They are somewhat like Body Shop, except that they sell herbal teas as well. Here's a link to their outlets.

http://www.perfectpotion.sg/page/contact_us

I get my supplies from their Parkway and United Sq branches. Their herbal tea leaves and flowers come loose, so I usually use teaspoon to measure, depending on how much you are making per pot.

I've seen other Chinese medical shops selling herbal/flower tea as well but didn't get from them as not sure of the country source of origin. As Perfect Potion flower and tea leaves come from OZ, I have better faith and confidence in their picking process and quality standards. :wink:

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor

Postby jtoh » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:46 am

Good morning, schweppes. Thanks for the info. I'm just as fussy regarding country of origin. :)

btw, is your nick a reference to the drinks from eons ago?

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Next

Return to Tuckshop