1. Storage your bird's nests in cool, dry place, avoid direct sunlight and area with moisture content.
2. Soak the bird's nests 4-6 hours. The bird's nest will swell 6-8 times its original size.
3. Place in slow cooker/double boiler with approx. 450ml of water
4. You may add flavouring (eg. rock suger, wolfberries, ginseng)
5. Boil for 2 - 3 hours and it's ready to serve
* Two whole bird's nest (cooked)
* chicken breast meat (200gm)
* 3 dried scallops
* 1 cup of rice
* 3 cups of chicken broth
* 7 cups of water
* shredded spring onion
* vegetable oil
* salt to taste
* ½ tsp salt
* ¼ tsp granulated sugar
* 1 tsp light soy sauce
* 1 tsp ginger juice
* 1 tsp wine
* ¾ tsp corn starch
* dash of sesame oil
* pinch of white pepper
* ½ tbsp oil
Wash rice. Add dash of oil and salt. Marinade for 1 hour.
Soak dry scallops until they are tender. Tear into shreds.
Steam chicken breast for 20 minutes. Let it cool down. Tear into shreds and add marinade.
Bring water to the boil. Add dried scallops and rice. Bring to the boil again then cook under low heat and the rice becomes congee.
Add shredded chicken and swallow nest. Bring to the boil and cook for 5 minutes. Season with pinch of salt. Put shredded spring onion on top. Serve hot.