All About Weekend Breakfast/Brunch - Recipes and Restaurants

KiasuParents are not only kiasu about our children - we are serious when it comes to good food. Discuss all culinary matters here, from cooking to buffets or fine dining.

All About Weekend Breakfast/Brunch - Recipes and Restaurants

Postby autumnbronze » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:31 pm

Today, I decided to make brunch after a long time. My DS loves crepes/pancakes, especially from this restaurant called Picotin located at Horse City. So I decided to include pancakes in the dish as well.

Menu consisted of scrambled eggs, chicken ham sandwich with cheese, salad leaves, tomato and mayonnaise, grilled asparagus and cherry tomatoes with olive oil and herbs and pancakes with either maple syrup or mango passionfruit sauce.

Here are the pix:

Last edited by autumnbronze on Thu May 31, 2012 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

autumnbronze
Councillor
Councillor

Re: All About Weekend Brunch - Recipes and Restaurants

Postby Augmum » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:45 pm

autumnbronze wrote:

:love: :drool:
Autumn, yr brunch looks appearing and delicious,
we luv crepes/pancakes as well, esp with butter and honey....great for breakfast :love:

Augmum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby jtoh » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:09 am

That is one scrumptious breakfast!

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Funz » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:46 pm

Wow. Dun think I can wake up early enough to prepare breakfast. Even if I can wake up, not in the mood to do anything. :P

We used to like Riders Cafe, Picotin and Simply Bread at Guthrie House. But I find that it is getting more and more expensive having breakie at such places. More so now that the kids are eating more.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby LKVM » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:24 pm

autumnbronze wrote:Today, I decided to make brunch after a long time. My DS loves crepes/pancakes, especially from this restaurant called Picotin located at Horse City. So I decided to include pancakes in the dish as well.

Looks good and yummy... :celebrate:

LKVM
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby autumnbronze » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:33 pm

Augmum, jtoh and LKVM,

Thank you :hugs:

autumnbronze
Councillor
Councillor

Postby autumnbronze » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:37 pm

Funz wrote:Wow. Dun think I can wake up early enough to prepare breakfast. Even if I can wake up, not in the mood to do anything. :P

We used to like Riders Cafe, Picotin and Simply Bread at Guthrie House. But I find that it is getting more and more expensive having breakie at such places. More so now that the kids are eating more.

Wuhahahahaha, except for Riders, which we haven't been yet, we used to frequent the other 2 places too. In fact we are at Picotin almost every Sat cuz DS's keyboard lessons are held there. Their breakfast menu is quite good, esp the coffee.

Anyway, agree that it is expensive to have breakie out, hence am trying to see if I can keep this up on a regular basis.

BTW, I started cooking at 1pm and took me an hr because had to run errands. So in effect, it became lunch. Oh well, at least the intention was there :wink: :lol:

autumnbronze
Councillor
Councillor

Postby LKVM » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:38 pm

autumnbronze wrote:BTW, I started cooking at 1pm and took me an hr because had to run errands. So in effect, it became lunch. Oh well, at least the intention was there :wink: :lol:

Oh yeah main thing is home cooked with love :love:

LKVM
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby BlurBee » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:08 pm

autumnbronze wrote:Today, I decided to make brunch after a long time.

:drool:

BlurBee
Councillor
Councillor

Return to Tuckshop