Recommendation for Yong Tou Foo

KiasuParents are not only kiasu about our children - we are serious when it comes to good food. Discuss all culinary matters here, from cooking to buffets or fine dining.

Recommendation for Yong Tou Foo

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:25 pm

I am quite the foodie and one of the places I love to go eating in Singapore is in the east.

This is a famous stall, once upon a time operating in a coffeeshop in Siglap. Now they have expanded to a shop on their own to my delight.

I just had a hearty meal here today and the name of the shop is 福林豆腐圆 located on east coast road. The coffeeshop used to be flooded with people whenever I was there. The dish is served not in the traditional way. The ingredients are fried and a meat gravy is poured on it. It is served with the laksa noodles and the same meat sauce on the noodles. Yum yum.. :drool:

Yong tou foo is one of my favorite food so if you have any other places to recommend please add in this thread.

Re: Recommendation for Yong Tou Foo

Postby dovetail » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:43 pm

Whereabout along East Coast Road is that, can give more landmark?

We usually go to the one at Sembawang. It's called 938 Ampang YTF. The gravy and the crispy bean stuff is good. It's near where there's a Prata Shop and Han's cafe.

dovetail
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:47 pm

dovetail wrote:Whereabout along East Coast Road is that, can give more landmark?

We usually go to the one at Sembawang. It's called 938 Ampang YTF. The gravy and the crispy bean stuff is good. It's near where there's a Prata Shop and Han's cafe.

Yes I went to the Ampang one before too..Good. Ampang has a branch in People's Park market right? :?

The Fu Lin one is located along the rows of shops on the same side as Siglap Centre. It is between a 7-11 and the Signlap Centre. There is a public car park on the opposite side of the road to park and then cross over to makan.

Postby Happy Mama » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:44 pm

I love the Ampang Yong Tau Foo at Upper Thomson/Sembawang (near Greanleaf Avenue).... It's yummy and always very crowded.

Happy Mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby dovetail » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:16 am

Thanks ksi,

I know siglap centre. Will check out the place soon, yum yum!

Not sure if the one at People's Park is the same. The word Ampang just refer to the YTF style. This one is called 938. Very hard to find parking. Sometimes have to park at the residences behind the park next to the coffee shop.

dovetail
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby kayatoaster » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:52 am

i am still trying to find one type of yong tou foo, think is the penang style that uses chee cheong fun instead of noodles/beehoon. used to have one at a coffeeshop near tpy library but seems like it closed down 2yrs ago alr.

kayatoaster
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:55 am

dovetail wrote:Thanks ksi,

I know siglap centre. Will check out the place soon, yum yum!

Not sure if the one at People's Park is the same. The word Ampang just refer to the YTF style. This one is called 938. Very hard to find parking. Sometimes have to park at the residences behind the park next to the coffee shop.

Oic...Ampang is the style, no need to pick the pieces and they all serve in one standard way right with noodles on the side? Yeah that place is hard to park.

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:56 am

kayatoaster wrote:i am still trying to find one type of yong tou foo, think is the penang style that uses chee cheong fun instead of noodles/beehoon. used to have one at a coffeeshop near tpy library but seems like it closed down 2yrs ago alr.

:imcool: Interesting, first time I hear of such a version. If I see it, will report here.

Postby php » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:00 am

kayatoaster wrote:i am still trying to find one type of yong tou foo, think is the penang style that uses chee cheong fun instead of noodles/beehoon. used to have one at a coffeeshop near tpy library but seems like it closed down 2yrs ago alr.

i think there is one at AMK...

php
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby php » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:03 am

dovetail wrote:Whereabout along East Coast Road is that, can give more landmark?

There are 2 YTF shops along that row of shophouses. make sure you get the right one....

php
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Tuckshop