WMF Cookware

KiasuParents are not only kiasu about our children - we are serious when it comes to good food. Discuss all culinary matters here, from cooking to buffets or fine dining.

WMF Cookware

Postby Honey » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:38 pm

Can you share your experiences with using WMF Cookware? I am rather health conscious & don't like to use much oil in my cooking. Do I need to use much oil when cooking vege or meat? Does the meat stick to the wok? Considering buying the wok. Would appreciate any sharing. Many thanks.

Honey
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 264
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:32 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: WMF Cookware

Postby b2b3m4 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:39 am

It really depends on the type of WMF cookware you are talking about. Most of WMF wares are stainless steel which are not non stick. In fact stainless steel in my opinion is sticks quite badly.
Why dun you consider non stick woks or cast iron?

b2b3m4
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 612
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:48 am
Total Likes: 7


Re: WMF Cookware

Postby Honey » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:47 am

Thanks b2b3m4. Need for my induction cooker. Non-stick & cast iron (too heavy) wouldn't work on induction cooker. I am currently using Neoflam which works but thinking of getting a wok so thought the WMF range looks quite interesting & pretty :smile: .

Honey
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 264
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:32 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: WMF Cookware

Postby bebebub » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:41 pm

Honey wrote:Thanks b2b3m4. Need for my induction cooker. Non-stick & cast iron (too heavy) wouldn't work on induction cooker. I am currently using Neoflam which works but thinking of getting a wok so thought the WMF range looks quite interesting & pretty :smile: .


I have been using WMF cookware on my induction cooker. I like WMF becos it keeps its shine if you give it a good scub :smile: As like all stainless steel cookware, you can't get away with the "sticky" issue. For health reasons, I have a medium size Meyer non-stick wok (for induction) for the occasional pan/deep fry. Hardly use it as I don't like to deal with the oil splattering drama. I change it whenever I spot the coating coming off.

Tefal also has a selection of non-stick induction cookware. But more expensive than Meyer.

bebebub
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1519
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:18 am
Total Likes: 8


Re: WMF Cookware

Postby Home Mummy » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:14 pm

Hi

Noticed the glass covers of my WMF pots have yellow stains on the rims. Seems like dried oil stains. Tried brushing them but can't get rid of them. Any one encounter before ? How to remove them ?

Home Mummy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:31 pm
Total Likes: 0



Re: WMF Cookware

Postby Jennifer » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:52 pm

Home Mummy wrote:Hi

Noticed the glass covers of my WMF pots have yellow stains on the rims. Seems like dried oil stains. Tried brushing them but can't get rid of them. Any one encounter before ? How to remove them ?



Try soaking in baking powder solution?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 23240
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 106


Re: WMF Cookware

Postby Home Mummy » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:08 pm

Jennifer wrote:
Home Mummy wrote:Hi

Noticed the glass covers of my WMF pots have yellow stains on the rims. Seems like dried oil stains. Tried brushing them but can't get rid of them. Any one encounter before ? How to remove them ?



Try soaking in baking powder solution?


Thanks Jennifer. Will try that. Just to be sure, Baking powder = Baking Soda ?

Home Mummy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:31 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: WMF Cookware

Postby Jennifer » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:07 pm

Yes. I use it to soak the cooker hood mesh filter, with some hot water from the vacuum flask. Then I leave it soaking for an hour or so before brushing and rinsing.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 23240
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 106


Re: WMF Cookware

Postby starlight1968sg » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:34 pm

Are the stains harmful? I hv some in the wok

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 10120
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:43 am
Total Likes: 23


Re: WMF Cookware

Postby Jennifer » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:00 pm

starlight1968sg wrote:Are the stains harmful? I hv some in the wok



In the wok?

I have them on the rim of the wok. I only tried cleaning when I am too free :rotflmao:

The surface area for cooking is relatively spotless.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 23240
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 106


Next

Return to Tuckshop