foodie paradise...

KiasuParents are not only kiasu about our children - we are serious when it comes to good food. Discuss all culinary matters here, from cooking to buffets or fine dining.

foodie paradise...

Postby westmom » Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:46 pm

Thanks chiefkiasu for setting up this thread....just when I am trying to lose weight....

westmom
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 424
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:29 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: foodie paradise...

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:09 pm

westmom wrote:Thanks chiefkiasu for setting up this thread....just when I am trying to lose weight....


Hey, I'm a strong believer of 以毒攻毒. Maybe we can talk ourselves out of our hunger :) . Muahahaha. :lol: . Anyway, we only created this due to "popular demand". I have no idea how this Forum will turn out :) .

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin
 
Posts: 15221
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:16 am
Location: Singapore
Total Likes: 319


Postby ZacK » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:54 pm

Hmmm dunno which thread to post under :? Anyway just wanted to share an outlet if for anyone craving Indian Rojak.

Not tried the "famous" Geylang Indian rojak stores... But the ones that I tried and drove back for more are located in Ayer Rajah Food Centre (Blk 503), it at the end of West Coast Expressway.

The two stores are store numbers 68 and 73, I think. Anyway they are along the same stretch. Tried store 68 which is good, think their gravy dip is more nutty... Today tried store 73, their dip is a bit sweeter... Which is more to my liking. Any they were also not so particular, my plate for single person came up to $3.20... No loose change, so they rounded down to $3 :D

Both stores are good, food is fried before serving... In terms of taste for both stores, I would give 4/5... Which means, I would drive all the way out just for the rojak :love:

Btw this same hawker centre sells $2.50 wanton noodles, there is a pc of prawn meat in every wanton :!: ... Cheap and tastes good!

ZacK
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2396
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:19 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby MLR » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:44 am

ZacK wrote: But the ones that I tried and drove back for more are located in Ayer Rajah Food Centre (Blk 503), it at the end of West Coast Expressway.

The two stores are store numbers 68 and 73, I think. Anyway they are along the same stretch. Tried store 68 which is good, think their gravy dip is more nutty... Today tried store 73, their dip is a bit sweeter... Which is more to my liking. Any they were also not so particular, my plate for single person came up to $3.20... No loose change, so they rounded down to $3 :D

Both stores are good, food is fried before serving... In terms of taste for both stores, I would give 4/5... Which means, I would drive all the way out just for the rojak :love:


Yes, these are my fav indian food stores. They do pretty good mee goreng too. I work nearby, so we goes to this food centre at least once a week. Theres a good variety there and prices are reasonable.

MLR
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 629
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:28 am
Total Likes: 0


Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:50 am

ZacK wrote:... Not tried the "famous" Geylang Indian rojak stores... But the ones that I tried and drove back for more are located in Ayer Rajah Food Centre (Blk 503), it at the end of West Coast Expressway...


Didn't realize there was a science behind indian rojak. Do you know where the famous ones located in Geylang are?

There was a time when the PC shows were held in PSA world trade centres and I would take the bus from the show home from across the road. There was this food court near the bus stop and carpark, with an indian rojak store where I never failed to patronize. Wonder if it is still there.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin
 
Posts: 15221
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:16 am
Location: Singapore
Total Likes: 319



Postby buds » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:35 am

Didn't realize someone so organized will
go for rojak. :| Pun intended. :lol:

I'm now wondering whether the pieces u
chose for your plate wud be arranged &
eaten by colour codes... Uhhmmm... the
orange ones with egg first... then the white
ones without egg... fishcake... followed by...

Thought bubble......
Wifey : Hmmm... which one should i go for
first? Let's see... (Pokes fork into a fishcake)

Wifey : Naaah... Mebbe i will eat the one with
egg first. (Removes fork from fishcake)

Chief : Darling... Can you not do that?

Wifey : Do :whut:

Chief : Leave pokey holes in the stuff you
initially chose to eat then eat another.. :roll:

Wifey : What's wrong with that?

Chief : Just makes me lose my appetite when
you eat rojak like rojak. :roll:

Chief : Gives me the feeling of sh**ting in my
pants too... So quit that, please... :please: Tks.

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 22683
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:21 am
Total Likes: 84


Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:45 am

buds wrote:Didn't realize someone so organized will
go for rojak. :| Pun intended. :lol: ...


Goodness, buds... were you the auntie that cleaned our table just now when we ate? She was definitely listening in to our conversation, which you have repeated so succinctly here :|

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin
 
Posts: 15221
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:16 am
Location: Singapore
Total Likes: 319


Postby buds » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:50 am

Naah, coudn't have been..
Nicely cosied up in bed now..
Just woke up to a cool morning,
and kiddies still asleep. Bliss. :please:

You lah... Go tell publicly that you have..

ChiefKiasu wrote:My daily possessions are
kept in definite places so that I know exactly
what I'm missing immediately - wallet in back
right pocket, keys in right pocket, handkerchief
in left pocket. I feel great discomfort when things
are out of place...


So, don't anyhow tikam hor.

The auntie must've read your exact description on
KSP. :lol: And she was dead sure it had to be you.
Since..... you won't have it any other way. :roll:

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 22683
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:21 am
Total Likes: 84


Postby ZacK » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:37 pm

MLR wrote:Yes, these are my fav indian food stores. They do pretty good mee goreng too. I work nearby, so we goes to this food centre at least once a week. Theres a good variety there and prices are reasonable.


Lucky you... I drove there a few times alone on one of my de-stressing driving "expeditions" ... Didnt dare to try cos after the Indian rojak scare not too long ago... But observed that many people were eating the indian rojaks... So decided to try... And I'm glad I did :)

ZacK
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2396
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:19 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby ZacK » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:00 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote:
ZacK wrote:... Not tried the "famous" Geylang Indian rojak stores... But the ones that I tried and drove back for more are located in Ayer Rajah Food Centre (Blk 503), it at the end of West Coast Expressway...


Didn't realize there was a science behind indian rojak. Do you know where the famous ones located in Geylang are?

There was a time when the PC shows were held in PSA world trade centres and I would take the bus from the show home from across the road. There was this food court near the bus stop and carpark, with an indian rojak store where I never failed to patronize. Wonder if it is still there.


Oops I meant the infamous geylang serai lar :P hahaha

It's been a long time since I went to the food centre at the old world trade centre... But I do enjoy the teh tarik there :) ... I'm basically a hawker fare foodie but unfortunately DW is not, so I end up having hawker food alone :roll:

ZacK
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2396
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:19 pm
Total Likes: 0


Next

Return to Tuckshop