Korean

KiasuParents are not only kiasu about our children - we are serious when it comes to good food. Discuss all culinary matters here, from cooking to buffets or fine dining.

Korean

Postby fxchow » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:08 pm

Hi,

My DD1 wants to go for Korean food for her birthday celebration. :lol:

Any good place to recommend? :roll:

fxchow
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby BigDevil » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:24 pm

First a disclaimer. I hardly ever had Korean food, so I can't comment on the authenticity.

DW and I tried Crystal Jade Korean Ginseng Chicken & BBQ at Centrepoint once. We had the $10 set lunches (available everyday), and found them to be quite worth the money since the portion is adequate, and the food rather tasty. Service is a bit slow since they don't seem to have enough staff.

Alternatively, try a search on this site: http://www.hungrygowhere.com

BigDevil
ClassMonitor
ClassMonitor

Postby PlayfulFairy » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:13 am

Jang Shou at Esplanade serves authentic scrumptious Korean food! Many of the patrons are Koreans...

PlayfulFairy
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby mum2gabnmimi » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:22 am

Try the Korean restaurant at East Coast near the tennis centre. my korean friends said its nice and authetic

mum2gabnmimi
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby csc » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:29 am

Gosh... you all made me so hungry...

After visiting Korea a few years ago, I was crazy about Kimchi and still do. I will get friends to 'ta-pow' back when I heard they're going there.

And I simplylove :lol: eating the barbequed meat wrapped in the big piece of lettuce, together with raw garlic. Marvellicious!!

csc
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ChiefKiasu » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:40 am

csc wrote:... After visiting Korea a few years ago, I was crazy about Kimchi and still do. I will get friends to 'ta-pow' back when I heard they're going there. ...

The Korean tour guide we had when we went there made it sound like Kimchi was the reason why SARS never made it to South Korea's shores during the infestation. We were like :| .

Nonetheless... it is one of my favorite foods.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby mintcc » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:17 pm

korean restraurant call toggi in mosque street is pretty good. But it is very pack and hard to find parking. Got to go early on weekends ...

mintcc
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby Canvas » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:44 am

I personally like the Korean BBQ at YESS centre, Pasir Panjang Road (opposite Haw Par Villa). Excellent array of refillable side sides and good quality food. Can't remember the name of the restaurant but I know they have another branch at East Coast Park. I still prefer the Pasir Panjang branch better where they have a big indoor play area for children as well.

Hmm, now that my morning sickness is over, I must tell my hubby to bring us again soon! Maybe tomorrow! 8)

Canvas
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby tankee » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:02 am

Good and authentic Korean food is available at Harbourfront centre food court. A korean lady owns the stall and she is usually there to ensure quality. Stall is frequently visited by other koreans working in that area.

My favourite from this stall is dolsot bibimbap. I also like their kimchi.

tankee
Site Admin

Postby tankee » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:07 am

There is a small Korean restaraunt along a side road next to Bugis Junction leading to Beach Road, owned and operated by a korean couple. The wife manage the place with some helper, the husband is the chef. Food is good, but the place is just so-so. Then again, we are there for the food not for the ambiance.

tankee
Site Admin

Next

Return to Tuckshop