Where to get boar meat in a restaurant?

KiasuParents are not only kiasu about our children - we are serious when it comes to good food. Discuss all culinary matters here, from cooking to buffets or fine dining.

Where to get boar meat in a restaurant?

Postby hokkiengirl » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:47 am

Hi, all,

My son is an Asterix fan and he recently really wants to eat wild boar meat. So like a boy, I know. From what I've googled, Italian restaurant Oso at Bukit Pasoh does serve the boar meat with pasta, but I think DS1 was thinking of chunks of roasted wild boar a la Asterix. Does anybody know of a restaurant or an eatery which serves an approximation of the dish? Thanks in advance! :)

hokkiengirl
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: Where to get boar meat in a restaurant?

Postby Jennifer » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:24 pm

hokkiengirl wrote:Hi, all,

My son is an Asterix fan and he recently really wants to eat wild boar meat. So like a boy, I know. From what I've googled, Italian restaurant Oso at Bukit Pasoh does serve the boar meat with pasta, but I think DS1 was thinking of chunks of roasted wild boar a la Asterix. Does anybody know of a restaurant or an eatery which serves an approximation of the dish? Thanks in advance! :)

:offtopic: your boy is so cute

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:27 pm

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby hokkiengirl » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:21 am

Thanks for the info, Jennifer! :) No lah, I don't need the meat to be local wild boar meat. As long as I can tell my kid it is boar meat, he'll be happy. Looks like the boar meat pasta at Oso is my best bet so far. It's got to be a boy thing. I never heard of a girl wanting to eat stuff like that. :shrug: No worries, will continue hunting. Heh heh pun intended.

hokkiengirl
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Mawar » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:32 am

We had wild boar quite often as kids. It was done rendang style, cooked over charcoal stove for hours.

Mawar
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby hokkiengirl » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:04 pm

Mawar wrote:We had wild boar quite often as kids. It was done rendang style, cooked over charcoal stove for hours.

Ooh... sounds heavenly... When I visited my friend's tribal family in Sarawak, the men went into the mountains (WITH GUNS!!!) and hunted wild boar for us, the guests of honour. The boar meat was then roasted over a slow fire and simply seasoned with salt. The chunks of meat were fragrant and fresh. Hwah... never had anything like that again...mmmm...

Ok, now I want wild boar for myself!!!

hokkiengirl
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Return to Tuckshop