What is your dinner?

KiasuParents are not only kiasu about our children - we are serious when it comes to good food. Discuss all culinary matters here, from cooking to buffets or fine dining.

What is your dinner?

Postby Jennifer » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:25 pm

Image

Meat sauce made with beef tomato, shiitake mushroom, garlic, onion, pork soup, ketchup, oyster sauce

Image

Angel hair with salmon, brinjal

Image

Chinese yellow noodles with salmon, cabbage, egg

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 23240
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 106


Re: What is your dinner?

Postby tankee » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:45 pm

Finally ....

tankee
Site Admin
 
Posts: 17790
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:04 pm
Location: Singapore
Total Likes: 18


Re: What is your dinner?

Postby Jennifer » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:26 pm

tankee wrote:Finally ....


:?

do u take photo of the food u eat?

I am seeing more pple taking photos when the food arrives at the table.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 23240
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 106


Re: What is your dinner?

Postby Imami » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:48 pm

Jennifer wrote:
tankee wrote:Finally ....


:?

do u take photo of the food u eat?

I am seeing more pple taking photos when the food arrives at the table.

I don't. Every time the food is served, I want to tuck in ASAP. Eaten half way then realize,"oh ya hor... Take photo..." by then, half the food gone, take what take.... :roll:

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 10839
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:04 pm
Total Likes: 36


Re: What is your dinner?

Postby TheAnswer » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:04 pm

Imami wrote:
Jennifer wrote:
tankee wrote:Finally ....


:?

do u take photo of the food u eat?

I am seeing more pple taking photos when the food arrives at the table.

I don't. Every time the food is served, I want to tuck in ASAP. Eaten half way then realize,"oh ya hor... Take photo..." by then, half the food gone, take what take.... :roll:


Same here. Usually by the time my food is served, I'm already too hungry to remember anything.

By the way, DH and I had our dinner at CCK food court today. I had the Tom yam seafood beehoon while DH had fried rice. After dinner, we had hot fudge ice cream and fries (for DH only) at macdonald's. Simple dinner. Had a stroll after that before hoping on the LRT to go pick up our DS.

TheAnswer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 17478
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:15 pm
Total Likes: 27



Re: What is your dinner?

Postby Pooh Bear » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:10 pm

Funny to see the subject of "dinner" in Kiasuparent. Trying to relate food to kiasuparent in my mind... parent who is kiasu must also research for best food for DS/DD.... LOL

Pooh Bear
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:19 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: What is your dinner?

Postby Nebbermind » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:13 pm

Jennifer wrote:Image

Meat sauce made with beef tomato, shiitake mushroom, garlic, onion, pork soup, ketchup, oyster sauce


back in the 70s, we used to leave this thing in a bucket outside our flat....now it's called meat sauce!!

Just kidding! :siam:

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 14658
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:40 am
Total Likes: 148


Re: What is your dinner?

Postby TheAnswer » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:14 pm

Nebbermind wrote:
Jennifer wrote:Image

Meat sauce made with beef tomato, shiitake mushroom, garlic, onion, pork soup, ketchup, oyster sauce


back in the 70s, we used to leave this thing in a bucket outside our flat....now it's called meat sauce!!

Just kidding! :siam:


In the 70s, I wasn't even born yet. Nebbermind, how old are you?

TheAnswer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 17478
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:15 pm
Total Likes: 27


Re: What is your dinner?

Postby qms » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:28 am

Jennifer,

Recipes for the dishes that you cooked, please? :please:

qms
ClassMonitor
ClassMonitor
 
Posts: 10976
Joined: Thu May 07, 2009 10:35 am
Total Likes: 12


Re: What is your dinner?

Postby Harlequin » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:50 am

Last night's dinner was bak kut teh at Chui Huay Lim, by Ng Ah Soi.... bagus!

Harlequin
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 5249
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:16 am
Total Likes: 43


Next

Return to Tuckshop