Fika Swedish Cafe & Bistro at Arab Street

KiasuParents are not only kiasu about our children - we are serious when it comes to good food. Discuss all culinary matters here, from cooking to buffets or fine dining.

Fika Swedish Cafe & Bistro at Arab Street

Postby mishamisha » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:58 pm

Has anyone tried the new swedish restaurant @ arab street ? Swedish restaurants in singapore are very rare and i've been craving for the meatballs available in ikea. Any reviews so far ?

mishamisha
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Expensive and can go only once.

Postby ielity » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:26 am

I've been there once and never again. The food is decent only but at the sky high price that they are charging, tt's better to take a cab to ikea and have your meatballs there.

Their meatballs are tough and tiny. Cakes were normal but really expensive. Service was so-so.

You may go try them for yourself and perhaps you might have a different review.

ielity
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby rosedreams » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:22 pm

got the cheesecake from there once. it was delicious, though expensive at 6.90 per piece. never tried the meatballs yet. unsure if i will! but it's the only Halal Swedish place in Singapore ive seen before, so maybe one day i might.

rosedreams
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby tree nymph » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:46 pm

Been there twice and both times its because boss wanna try. don't think i will go there on my own, too expensive and the food is only so-so. the meat balls are very tough and chewy - all of us agreed that its not worth the money. better go ikea for the meat balls.

tree nymph
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Andaiz » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:35 pm

tree nymph wrote:Been there twice and both times its because boss wanna try. don't think i will go there on my own, too expensive and the food is only so-so. the meat balls are very tough and chewy - all of us agreed that its not worth the money. better go ikea for the meat balls.

ikea meatballs isn't halal, tree nymph.

I guess the novelty is in that this place is halal and can cater to a wider audience.

Andaiz
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby tree nymph » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:45 pm

Andaiz,
Huh... i think that's the reason. the owner is a malay and she married a swede. then seeing there's no halal swedish restaurant, she opened one... but then the meat ball is really tough... didn't remember tough meatballs while in sweden.

tree nymph
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Tuckshop