Page 1 of 2

any recommendations for oven?

Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:57 pm
by pink_daisy
hi all,

i would like to get an oven which can be used to bake (cakes/ biscuits) and grill (chicken). anyone can recommend me one and the location to get? many tx.

Re: any recommendations for oven?

Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:44 pm
by hmsg
pink_daisy wrote:hi all,

i would like to get an oven which can be used to bake (cakes/ biscuits) and grill (chicken). anyone can recommend me one and the location to get? many tx.
I recommend that u look at Mayer's products.

Bought one and used it for 10 years without any problem at all, baking, grilling, etc.

Shifted house and bought another this year, same model and working fine!

Slightly more expensive than some other brands but considering the lifespan of > 10 years, should be ok.

Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:39 pm
by smurf
what about Teka?

any recommendations for oven?

Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:23 pm
by Startz
Hi smurf,

Teka is pricey ...mayer's better...My sis who's an avid cook swears by it over these twelve years..I have a Teka combi oven -microwave and oven purpose..that's why I chose Teka over Mayer/Ariston because they did not have that function..Also go test the buttons.controls for the oven before purchase because if u don't 'feel good' operating it...chances are when u get it in your home, it won't feel good cooking with it! :D Heh heh..hope this helps!!

Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:19 pm
by Chirunner
HOw about De Dietrich? There's a shop at Centrepoint next to Robinson's can't remember what floor. Mine can bake, grill, microwave, etc. Lots of functions.

Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:08 pm
by mrswongtuition
You got budget? Mine's a cheap Morries oven from Carrefour.
$79.90 (still same price now). Bought it 4+ yrs ago, using it on daily basis either to grill chicken or other meats, bake and reheat food.

Serves me very well :)
& not so heartache on the price if you don't use it often or if it breaks down :p

Re: any recommendations for oven?

Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:09 am
by jerejoy
hmsg wrote:I recommend that u look at Mayer's products.

Bought one and used it for 10 years without any problem at all, baking, grilling, etc.

Shifted house and bought another this year, same model and working fine!

Slightly more expensive than some other brands but considering the lifespan of > 10 years, should be ok.
I do agree on Mayer's products. My whole kitchen's electrical stuffs are from Ariston and they really last. Have been using it for more than 6 years and they are still in good conditions.

Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:47 pm
by Yong HL
great to fnd this thread on oven!
i am so confused by the types of oven. whats the difference between convection oven, convection microwave oven, steam microwave oven? a fren was telling me its unhealthy to eat microwaved cooked food due to radiation.. But a microwave oven has different types of cooking. So long i choose a program, say, convection grilling/baking, it shld be alright?.. i am really confused :?

Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:31 am
by Cheval
Yong HL wrote:great to fnd this thread on oven!
i am so confused by the types of oven. whats the difference between convection oven, convection microwave oven, steam microwave oven? a fren was telling me its unhealthy to eat microwaved cooked food due to radiation.. But a microwave oven has different types of cooking. So long i choose a program, say, convection grilling/baking, it shld be alright?.. i am really confused :?
Go 'google' lah. Full explanation would be too long.

Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:44 pm
by Yong HL
cheval

done that.. spent a few hours surfing the net just to gather these terminologies... explanation i find technical.. so decided to try this forum see for more simplistic explanation.. like what ive said - i am a cooking idiot so probably needs more help in this area...