food supplier(wholesaler)

KiasuParents are not only kiasu about our children - we are serious when it comes to good food. Discuss all culinary matters here, from cooking to buffets or fine dining.

food supplier(wholesaler)

Postby kitty2 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:09 am

Anyone has any good lobang for the above?I only know there's one in Woodland.

Please share,thanks

kitty2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Joy » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:30 am

I think there is one in geylang but am not sure where is the exact location.

Joy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby mrswongtuition » Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:24 pm

What type of food are you looking for? I have contacts for alot of wholesalers and my hb likes to buy our food in bulk too (we have a big chest freezer at home).

mrswongtuition
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ooptimizer » Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:37 pm

Can try Sheng Shiong, they are quite cheap.

ooptimizer
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby father_of_3 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:14 pm

mrswongtuition wrote:What type of food are you looking for? I have contacts for alot of wholesalers and my hb likes to buy our food in bulk too (we have a big chest freezer at home).

Example like fish, veggie, chicken....what else is good for our kids lor....

father_of_3
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby mrswongtuition » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:20 pm

Frozen fish - there's a seafood wholesaler in Woodlands. Good deals plus they usually give free salmon heads with purchase

Fruits/Vegetables - I usually wait for the big truck that delivers to market/food courts. You can easily pick and choose from what they have on their lorry and the price is cheap. No need to buy large quantities also.

Frozen meat/processed foods - Jln Malu Malu or you can try Chinatown Foods for processed foods like nuggets, spring rolls, roti prata, cream puff, eclairs, etc.

I don't have the exact addresses because my hb's the one who drives there. I just tag along :p

mrswongtuition
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby father_of_3 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:41 pm

sori, Chinatown Foods is brand name? Where is this located?

father_of_3
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Augmum » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:59 pm

mrswongtuition wrote:What type of food are you looking for? I have contacts for alot of wholesalers and my hb likes to buy our food in bulk too (we have a big chest freezer at home).

hi mrswongtuition
glad to hear that u have contacts.......as i also looking for wholesalers for seafood (esp sea prawns, not pond's ones)
how abt chickens ........like kampong chickens......big ones, not those small birds that we could easily find in supermarkets

any contacts in the east??

Augmum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby mrswongtuition » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:37 am

father_of_3 wrote:sori, Chinatown Foods is brand name? Where is this located?

Woodlands. They do deliver with minimum $50 purchase. Quite hard to get price list from them as they normally supply to big establishments only. I got their price list due to work (had to organise fundraisers).

mrswongtuition
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby mrswongtuition » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:39 am

Augmum wrote:

hi mrswongtuition
glad to hear that u have contacts.......as i also looking for wholesalers for seafood (esp sea prawns, not pond's ones)
how abt chickens ........like kampong chickens......big ones, not those small birds that we could easily find in supermarkets

any contacts in the east??

Kampung chickens are small because they are allowed to exercise and run free. They are not force fed like the regular chicken. I would prefer a small kampung chicken over a big one.

I have a few contacts for seafood, need to wait to Jan 2010 to go back office to dig out the addresses.

Mostly in Woodlands/Jurong due to cheaper rents there. East side mostly is high-end stuff, nothing cheap.

mrswongtuition
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Tuckshop