Recommendations for Xmas Log Cake?

KiasuParents are not only kiasu about our children - we are serious when it comes to good food. Discuss all culinary matters here, from cooking to buffets or fine dining.

Recommendations for Xmas Log Cake?

Postby PlayfulFairy » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:20 am

Hi all,

Anyone has any recommendations for yummy Xmas log cake? Thanks! :D

PlayfulFairy
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 171
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:29 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby mummy of 2 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:29 am

Have tried bakerzin and Goodwood park. Both are yummy :D

mummy of 2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1041
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:46 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby ChiefKiasu » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:43 pm

mummy of 2 wrote:Have tried bakerzin and Goodwood park. Both are yummy :D


I second the Goodwood Park one... yummy!

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin
 
Posts: 15221
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:16 am
Location: Singapore
Total Likes: 319


Postby autumnbronze » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:45 pm

Hi all,

Want to recommend xmas logcake from Fullerton. Its a chocolate covered kueh lapis logcake and this is the 2nd year I am ordering from them. Its really yummy :drool:

1kg costs $66.30 after 15% discount for UOB cardholders (they only have a tie-up with this card).

After checking out many places, decided to go back to FUllerton again :D

(Cut and pasted from "All about catering thread" :wink:)

autumnbronze
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 11858
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:54 pm
Total Likes: 63


Postby Joy » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:09 pm

what about log cake that is of strawberry flavour, where is good?thanks

Joy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 550
Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 7:48 am
Total Likes: 0



Postby daisyt » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:24 pm

autumnbronze wrote:Hi all,

Want to recommend xmas logcake from Fullerton. Its a chocolate covered kueh lapis logcake and this is the 2nd year I am ordering from them. Its really yummy :drool:

1kg costs $66.30 after 15% discount for UOB cardholders (they only have a tie-up with this card).

After checking out many places, decided to go back to FUllerton again :D

(Cut and pasted from "All about catering thread" :wink:)


What a special combination. I am going to collect my kueh lapis logcake later. Thanks for your recommendation. :D :celebrate:

daisyt
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2430
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:54 am
Total Likes: 0


Postby autumnbronze » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:56 pm

daisyt wrote:
autumnbronze wrote:Hi all,

Want to recommend xmas logcake from Fullerton. Its a chocolate covered kueh lapis logcake and this is the 2nd year I am ordering from them. Its really yummy :drool:

1kg costs $66.30 after 15% discount for UOB cardholders (they only have a tie-up with this card).

After checking out many places, decided to go back to FUllerton again :D

(Cut and pasted from "All about catering thread" :wink:)


What a special combination. I am going to collect my kueh lapis logcake later. Thanks for your recommendation. :D :celebrate:



Hi daisyt,

You ordered it??? :D

Wow, I really hope you enjoy it. :celebrate:

autumnbronze
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 11858
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:54 pm
Total Likes: 63


Postby Andaiz » Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:23 am

autumnbronze wrote:Hi all,

Want to recommend xmas logcake from Fullerton. Its a chocolate covered kueh lapis logcake and this is the 2nd year I am ordering from them. Its really yummy :drool:

1kg costs $66.30 after 15% discount for UOB cardholders (they only have a tie-up with this card).

After checking out many places, decided to go back to FUllerton again :D

(Cut and pasted from "All about catering thread" :wink:)


That's whay I call FUSION man! Anyway, I'm a bibik in disguise....loved that, autumnbronze...was really yummy. Next year I'd order for myself! :drool:

Andaiz
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1673
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:58 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby daisyt » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:00 pm

autumnbronze wrote:Hi daisyt,

You ordered it??? :D

Wow, I really hope you enjoy it. :celebrate:


Hi autumnbronze, yes I ordered it. Hhmmm ... but hor, we don't know how to appreciate it lor. I know, my guest enjoyed it simply because its from Fullerton. :lol: :D

My family members also don't like it, me too ...
Maybe we are too traditional, not adverterous enough ... Somehow, when eating that log cake, make us feel more like Chinese New Year Season, not X'mas. Hahaha ....

But I still want to thank you for your recommendation. Thanks !! :D

daisyt
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2430
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:54 am
Total Likes: 0


Postby autumnbronze » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:01 am

daisyt wrote:
autumnbronze wrote:Hi daisyt,

You ordered it??? :D

Wow, I really hope you enjoy it. :celebrate:


Hi autumnbronze, yes I ordered it. Hhmmm ... but hor, we don't know how to appreciate it lor. I know, my guest enjoyed it simply because its from Fullerton. :lol: :D

My family members also don't like it, me too ...
Maybe we are too traditional, not adverterous enough ... Somehow, when eating that log cake, make us feel more like Chinese New Year Season, not X'mas. Hahaha ....

But I still want to thank you for your recommendation. Thanks !! :D


Its okie ....

I understand ... perhaps because its because of the lapis cake lah....

Most of the log cakes I had enquired about were mousse type and I didn't fancy that :D

Well at least your guests were tickled by the fact that they were eating something from the Fullerton, I'm sure they won't forget THAT eating experience :wink: :wink: :D

autumnbronze
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 11858
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:54 pm
Total Likes: 63



Return to Tuckshop