Skippy peanut butter now made in China

KiasuParents are not only kiasu about our children - we are serious when it comes to good food. Discuss all culinary matters here, from cooking to buffets or fine dining.

Skippy peanut butter now made in China

Postby sparks » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:54 am

I've been a skippy fan for the longest time. Just found out that it is now made in China. It's one of the priciest peanut butter on the supermarket shelves. I don't mind paying slightly higher for a product of USA (more importantly for the taste). However, the price remains the same but now made in China? For me, it's time to move on to others.

sparks
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Re: Skippy peanut butter now made in China

Postby bebebub » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:53 am

sparks wrote:I've been a skippy fan for the longest time. Just found out that it is now made in China. It's one of the priciest peanut butter on the supermarket shelves. I don't mind paying slightly higher for a product of USA (more importantly for the taste). However, the price remains the same but now made in China? For me, it's time to move on to others.

:hi5: I stopped buying Skippy after realizing that it is MIC. Tried a couple of other brands, but didn't find one that we like. The current bottle (a product of USA) has been sitting in the fridge for quite a while.

bebebub
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby zbear » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:24 am

Oh dear, I didn't know Skippy is made in China. I usually pick one n go. Never check.

Now better stop buying Skippy.

Can recommend other brands?

zbear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby BeContented » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:44 am

Same here. Will look for alternatives.

BeContented
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby bebebub » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:46 am

Yet to find one that we like. So kinda stopped eating peanut butter liao. Current bottle in the fridge is Peter Pan. Finds it too sweet. And it doesn't come in small-sized bottles.

bebebub
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:03 pm

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Funz » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:19 pm

Time to fry up some peanuts and make our own peanut butter?

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Sursum » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:25 pm

bebebub wrote:
sparks wrote:I've been a skippy fan for the longest time. Just found out that it is now made in China. It's one of the priciest peanut butter on the supermarket shelves. I don't mind paying slightly higher for a product of USA (more importantly for the taste). However, the price remains the same but now made in China? For me, it's time to move on to others.

:hi5: I stopped buying Skippy after realizing that it is MIC. Tried a couple of other brands, but didn't find one that we like. The current bottle (a product of USA) has been sitting in the fridge for quite a while.

Skippy "reduced fat" is made in US. So there's no need to give up your favourite brand.

Sursum
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby ngl2010 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:30 pm

Sursum wrote:
bebebub wrote:

Skippy "reduced fat" is made in US. So there's no need to give up your favourite brand.

We have been buying Skippy "reduced fat" too since we found out the regular one is made in China a few years ago.

ngl2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby bebebub » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:57 pm

Sursum wrote:
bebebub wrote:

Really? Thanks! Skippy 'reduced fat' here I come :lol:

bebebub
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Tuckshop