kitchen mixer recommendation

KiasuParents are not only kiasu about our children - we are serious when it comes to good food. Discuss all culinary matters here, from cooking to buffets or fine dining.

kitchen mixer recommendation

Postby beariecrystal3 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:17 pm

I am lookinng around for a kitchen mixer and like to get advise.

which is better? Kenwood , Bosch or Kitchenaid?

beariecrystal3
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: kitchen mixer recommendation

Postby Jennifer » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:20 am

Better to get a model that mixing bowls come with a handle/ear. Easier to hold the mixing bowl during pouring batter into the baking tins.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby beariecrystal3 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:11 am

Jennifer wrote:Better to get a model that mixing bowls come with a handle/ear. Easier to hold the mixing bowl during pouring batter into the baking tins.

Thanks Jennifer.

Am contemplating between kitchenaid ksm150 or bosch mums5 now. Any review?

beariecrystal3
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Jennifer » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:28 am

beariecrystal3 wrote:
Jennifer wrote:Better to get a model that mixing bowls come with a handle/ear. Easier to hold the mixing bowl during pouring batter into the baking tins.

Thanks Jennifer.

Am contemplating between kitchenaid ksm150 or bosch mums5 now. Any review?

Not familiar with either brands. I am using Kenwood, bou donkey years back- too big.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby blueberriesmuffin » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:18 pm

I'm using a cheap Philips model. But I have heard from friends is that with KitchenAid, there are 'blindspots' that the mixing handle can't reach. Meaning you need to stop the machine and use a spatula to scrape down the sides and bottom. Recently I have been watching a lot of youtube videos on baking, I do notice most of the KitchenAid users do that. Then I came across a youtuber who is using Kenwood KMix, does not scrape down the sides. I thought it was due to the way she edited the videos. But I googled, apparently Kenwood KMix is better in that sense, no blindspots. Apparently, Kenwood's 'engine' is more powerful.

blueberriesmuffin
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Jennifer » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:58 pm

blueberriesmuffin wrote:I'm using a cheap Philips model. But I have heard from friends is that with KitchenAid, there are 'blindspots' that the mixing handle can't reach. Meaning you need to stop the machine and use a spatula to scrape down the sides and bottom. Recently I have been watching a lot of youtube videos on baking, I do notice most of the KitchenAid users do that. Then I came across a youtuber who is using Kenwood KMix, does not scrape down the sides. I thought it was due to the way she edited the videos. But I googled, apparently Kenwood KMix is better in that sense, no blindspots. Apparently, Kenwood's 'engine' is more powerful.

For my Kenwood, I need to adjust the screw so that the mixer can reach the bottom. Still need to scrape down the bowl. Edit to add: mine is older model, unlike the newer KMix.

Engine powerful also siong leh - easily overmixed :wink:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby beariecrystal3 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:53 am

Thanks we bought bosch home professional in the end

beariecrystal3
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby blueberriesmuffin » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:15 pm

[quote="Jennifer"][quote="blueberriesmuffin"]I'm using a cheap Philips model. But I have heard from friends is that with KitchenAid, there are 'blindspots' that the mixing handle can't reach. Meaning you need to stop the machine and use a spatula to scrape down the sides and bottom. Recently I have been watching a lot of youtube videos on baking, I do notice most of the KitchenAid users do that. Then I came across a youtuber who is using Kenwood KMix, does not scrape down the sides. I thought it was due to the way she edited the videos. But I googled, apparently Kenwood KMix is better in that sense, no blindspots. Apparently, Kenwood's 'engine' is more powerful.[/quote]

For my Kenwood, I need to adjust the screw so that the mixer can reach the bottom. Still need to scrape down the bowl. Edit to add: mine is older model, unlike the newer KMix.

Engine powerful also siong leh - easily overmixed :wink:[/quote]

Ahh I see! Good point you have made there about easily overmixing!

blueberriesmuffin
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Tuckshop