Vegetarian food?

KiasuParents are not only kiasu about our children - we are serious when it comes to good food. Discuss all culinary matters here, from cooking to buffets or fine dining.

Vegetarian food?

Postby simple2005 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:58 pm

Going a bit against the trend in this place... :sweat:

Would be good if there's any nice vegetarian stalls/restaurants to recommend.

Not strict vegetarians, so can recommend stalls that also offer good vegetable/non-meat dishes.

Cheers.

simple2005
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby The Little Cheng Mommy » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:48 pm

1. Ling Zhi by Tong Lok is very good. Two locations, one at Novena Square and one at Liat Tower, Orchard.

2. For Indian vegetarian food, a very good place is Raj Restaurant. Two outlets, one at Biopolis (Bouna Vista), one at Serangoon (walking distance from Mustafa).

3. Or for a change, wanna try Indian prata made by Chinese, you can go to Tekka Market. A chinese stall name "Long Zhong Zhai". It's as good as those made by Indians. They also sell mock 'char siew' rice ( yummy), mock chicken rice and nasi lemak.

4. For organic healthy choice, can go to the 7 Sensations at Madras St. Their tofu pizza is delicious!

5. Ci Yuan Xuan located in Smith Street Chinatown (near the end of the Food St). I like their brown rice set .

The Little Cheng Mommy
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Way2GO » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:14 am

The Little Cheng Mommy wrote:1. Ling Zhi by Tong Lok is very good. Two locations, one at Novena Square and one at Liat Tower, Orchard.

Isn't there one at China Square too?
Agree Image

simple2005 wrote:Would be good if there's any nice vegetarian stalls/restaurants to recommend.

A much cheaper but good alternative is a stall in Bedok HC Blk 57 thereabouts.
Not much variety though.

Way2GO
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Vege places

Postby simple2005 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:55 am

Thanks.

Have tried Ling Zhi and 7 Sensations before. I find the latter's prices have increased significantly since they changed owners and stopped going there. Agreed Ling Zhi is good.

Here's a couple of budget places,

1. The Divine Realm Veg Restaurant (no egg) at Block 501 Hougang Ave 8. Famous for their La Mien, and other dishes are good too. With nice Zh Cha dishes. Boys enjoy the food there, and the Roti Prata & Roti John isn't too bad either.

2. 2nd floor Fortune Centre Organic food, next to escalator. Good food, good price. Boys love the pita pocket, vege sushi roll is my fav.

Keep sharing, and find more places for family meals outside.

Cheers.

simple2005
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby The Little Cheng Mommy » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:17 pm

Ling Zhi at China Square had been closed down quite sometime back.. Miss that place :cry: (as there's where I had my wedding lunch)..

Ya Simple2005, I agreed with you. 7 Sensations' getting pretty expensive.

I chanced upon this blog last night. The blogger has made many 'reviews' about vegetarian restaurant/stalls islandwide.

http://vegefoodhunt.blogspot.com/

The Little Cheng Mommy
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby simple2005 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:38 pm

The Little Cheng Mommy wrote:Ling Zhi at China Square had been closed down quite sometime back.. Miss that place :cry: (as there's where I had my wedding lunch)..

Ya Simple2005, I agreed with you. 7 Sensations' getting pretty expensive.

I chanced upon this blog last night. The blogger has made many 'reviews' about vegetarian restaurant/stalls islandwide.

http://vegefoodhunt.blogspot.com/

Thanks for the link to the blog, will take a look at it.

We used to go to Green on Earth frequently, but they have since closed.. :cry: MY boys miss their food.

Any other recommendations from the members here?

Cheers,
Chubby

simple2005
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby tree nymph » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:42 pm

any buffet to recommend? I need to order for the first day of CNY since mum can't cook and dad prob will be still recovering from arm surgery

tree nymph
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby simple2005 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:17 pm

tree nymph wrote:any buffet to recommend? I need to order for the first day of CNY since mum can't cook and dad prob will be still recovering from arm surgery

First one that comes to my mind is Quality Hotel, Lotus Vegetarian Restaurant

http://www.qualityhotel.com.sg/fb-outlets.asp

Our family went there to eat once over a year and a half ago, They have a vegetarian buffet, which is quite good.

Cheers,
Chubby

simple2005
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby tree nymph » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:22 pm

simple2005 wrote:
tree nymph wrote:any buffet to recommend? I need to order for the first day of CNY since mum can't cook and dad prob will be still recovering from arm surgery

Our family went there to eat once over a year and a half ago, They have a vegetarian buffet, which is quite good.

Cheers,
Chubby

Thanks Chubby,

will call them now. :D

tree nymph
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby simple2005 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:23 pm

tree nymph wrote:
simple2005 wrote:

Cheers,
Chubby

Thanks Chubby,

will call them now. :D

So how was it?

simple2005
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Next

Return to Tuckshop