Recipe for above 1 years old (Chinese cooking with TCM)

KiasuParents are not only kiasu about our children - we are serious when it comes to good food. Discuss all culinary matters here, from cooking to buffets or fine dining.

Recipe for above 1 years old (Chinese cooking with TCM)

Postby kady » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:44 pm

Hi all, was wondering if anyone come across such recipe books as of above? Like we can add in red dates (a type of TCM) to our kid porridge by 1 yr old, etc etc. 药膳recipe where can i find/buy? Tks.

kady
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby ponyo » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:51 pm

Hi kady,

you can try popular. Remember seeing one where they have the recipies using dates/gouqizi/shanyao etc for toddlers.

They also explained what the recipe is good for (e.g. some good for phelgm, some for boosting appetite etc).

cheers
ponyo

ponyo
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Recipe for above 1 years old (Chinese cooking with TCM)

Postby Cheval » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:13 pm

kady wrote:Hi all, was wondering if anyone come across such recipe books as of above? Like we can add in red dates (a type of TCM) to our kid porridge by 1 yr old, etc etc. 药膳recipe where can i find/buy? Tks.

Hi, Kady. You are doing too much to add any of those TCM things to a baby. There is no any formal proof of positive effects, but quite some negative effects (that TCM supporter chose to close their eyes).

Just give balanced meals and that is all a baby needs. All the bests.

Cheval
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: Recipe for above 1 years old (Chinese cooking with TCM)

Postby fussyMummy » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:52 pm

kady wrote:Hi all, was wondering if anyone come across such recipe books as of above? Like we can add in red dates (a type of TCM) to our kid porridge by 1 yr old, etc etc. 药膳recipe where can i find/buy? Tks.

Hi kady,

There are quite of numbers of recipe magazine/books at library for babies too...

fussyMummy
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Mrsbongz » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:33 am

erm.. i think you should only add these with the advice of the Doctor.. 1 yr old is really very young.. My MIL used to make me add all these to my kids' porridge, and kept having fever and falling sick.. so I stopped, and I find that they are actually ok just with nutritious food. :)

Mrsbongz
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Return to Tuckshop