Braised Duck Rice 卤鸭饭

KiasuParents are not only kiasu about our children - we are serious when it comes to good food. Discuss all culinary matters here, from cooking to buffets or fine dining.

Braised Duck Rice 卤鸭饭

Postby tankee » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:05 am

My DS loved Braised Duck Rice 卤鸭饭

His favourite stall is Cheok Kee Duck Rice (作记鸭饭) located at Stall 29 East Coast Lagoon. He likes their rice and gravy, which is nice & thick.

I love their chilli and whenever I package home, they would pack a big packet of chilli for me. :love:

I also like their other braised stuff, like pig's ear, etc.

tankee
Site Admin

Postby tinkfirst » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:31 pm

Hi,
My DH and I often go to the very small coffeeshop near the Lion City Hotel for the braised duck rice/porridge. Very yummy, run by siblings but the place is pretty hot & dirty. quite hard to find seats during lunch time.
Enjoy!

tinkfirst
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby tree nymph » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:36 pm

do you know how much is the whole duck? my mum had an eye operation and not suited to cook. we will be missing her braised duck this CNY... :cry:

wonder if they are open during cny or not... i mean the east coast one since its near to my mum's place.

tree nymph
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ZacK » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:53 pm

For duck rice... Two stalls that I like are:

- Zion Rd Hawker Ctr, do not know the name but it's the only stall there, this stall is between a hot/cold drink stall and a dessert stall. For this stall, I also like the 猪脚醋 usually will ask for leaner cut and then eat with rice.

- Henderson Hawker Ctr, it's facing the car park and just beside a fried carrot cake stall.

Let me know if you need more details and I will find time to note down the names and stall number :D

ZacK
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ooptimizer » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:00 pm

OK, good if you can get the names. Thank you!

ooptimizer
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby Funz » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:11 pm

Lim Seng Lee Duck Rice Eating House
38 South Buona Vista Road (99 turns)

Use to go there for lunch when I was working at Science Park. Always crowded during lunch but you can be in and out in 30mins from the moment you get a seat. The speed that they serve the food and the whole bustling atmosphere just make you eat faster then normal with limited conversation. Well that is how I feel lah. Not a conducive eating place for children though.

Standard orders, boneless duck, kang kong and beancurd plus lime juice.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby ZacK » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:40 am

ooptimizer wrote:OK, good if you can get the names. Thank you!

Will see if I can take the some photos with the names by this wk :D

ZacK
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby tankee » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:34 am

Funz wrote:Lim Seng Lee Duck Rice Eating House
38 South Buona Vista Road (99 turns)

Use to go there for lunch when I was working at Science Park. Always crowded during lunch but you can be in and out in 30mins from the moment you get a seat. The speed that they serve the food and the whole bustling atmosphere just make you eat faster then normal with limited conversation. Well that is how I feel lah. Not a conducive eating place for children though.

Standard orders, boneless duck, kang kong and beancurd plus lime juice.

I used to go there for my fix. But had not gone there in recent years. Expensive ! the duck portion is soooo little.

tankee
Site Admin

Postby MMM » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:47 am

There is another at Geylang.... I think it's lorong 35 corner coffee shop. Quite similar to lagoon and it's been there for years too.

MMM
Councillor
Councillor

Postby ZacK » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:13 pm

Zack wrote:For duck rice... Two stalls that I like are:

- Zion Rd Hawker Ctr, do not know the name but it's the only stall there, this stall is between a hot/cold drink stall and a dessert stall. For this stall, I also like the 猪脚醋 usually will ask for leaner cut and then eat with rice. >> Stall Number 24 Boon Tong Kee kway Chap.

- Henderson Hawker Ctr, it's facing the car park and just beside a fried carrot cake stall >> Happy Duck, beside unit #01-179 Bukit Merah View Carrot Cake

Let me know if you need more details and I will find time to note down the names and stall number :D

Between the two above, I prefer the one at Zion Rd, the duck rice at Henderson is a tad dry but I like the chilli which is sweet and the spiciness is juz rite for me.

Sorry didnt manage to snap any pix without making it seem obvious.

ZacK
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Tuckshop