Steam Boat

KiasuParents are not only kiasu about our children - we are serious when it comes to good food. Discuss all culinary matters here, from cooking to buffets or fine dining.

Steam Boat

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:17 pm

Well...it is getting a little stereo-type to eat at our all-time-fave place, Coca for eons.... The other place we like to go is the one opposite Novena Square...forgot its name....and it's a little pricey.

Steamboat has a special place in our hearts because during dating....we loved eating steamboats at this one particular place in Chinatown which opened till wee hours.

Anywhere else to recommend nice steamboat?
Guest
 

Re: Steam Boat

Postby auntieM » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:25 pm

ks2me wrote:Well...it is getting a little stereo-type to eat at our all-time-fave place, Coca for eons.... The other place we like to go is the one opposite Novena Square...forgot its name....and it's a little pricey.

Steamboat has a special place in our hearts because during dating....we loved eating steamboats at this one particular place in Chinatown which opened till wee hours.

Anywhere else to recommend nice steamboat?


The one along Tanjog Katong Rd near the 7-eleven quite oki. But always full house so have to make booking :wink:

auntieM
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 3554
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:43 am
Total Likes: 2


Re: Steam Boat

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:28 pm

auntieM wrote:
ks2me wrote:Well...it is getting a little stereo-type to eat at our all-time-fave place, Coca for eons.... The other place we like to go is the one opposite Novena Square...forgot its name....and it's a little pricey.

Steamboat has a special place in our hearts because during dating....we loved eating steamboats at this one particular place in Chinatown which opened till wee hours.

Anywhere else to recommend nice steamboat?


The one along Tanjog Katong Rd near the 7-eleven quite oki. But always full house so have to make booking :wink:


oki..thanks...got any walk-in ones cos we very impromtu one.... :idea:
Guest
 

Postby tankee » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:38 pm

cheap & good steamboat = full house all the time. Lots of migrant workers eating there too.

Coca has a number of branches. I agreed with ks2me, it is expensive.

tankee
Site Admin
 
Posts: 17790
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:04 pm
Location: Singapore
Total Likes: 18


Postby Guest » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:40 pm

tankee wrote:cheap & good steamboat = full house all the time. Lots of migrant workers eating there too.

Coca has a number of branches. I agreed with ks2me, it is expensive.


Then how about good and average price, not cheap and not dear ones? got or not?
Guest
 


Postby tankee » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:43 pm

there is this Hot Pot Culture at Marina Square. Looks good but I have not tried myself.

tankee
Site Admin
 
Posts: 17790
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:04 pm
Location: Singapore
Total Likes: 18


Postby girlmum » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:54 pm

Steamboat! :drool: My family's favourite!
Mini-steamboat at Parkway Parade Food Court - Our all-time favourite.
Highly recommended - fish glue (my 2 dds can easily finish 2 plates)
- beef (3 plates at least)
*must try - if u are game enough for spicy stuff, try the extra thick tom yam soup base. (Not recommended for weak stomach)

girlmum
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:20 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby tankee » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:55 pm

girlmum wrote:Steamboat! :drool: My family's favourite!
Mini-steamboat at Parkway Parade Food Court - Our all-time favourite.
Highly recommended - fish glue (my 2 dds can easily finish 2 plates)
- beef (3 plates at least)
*must try - if u are game enough for spicy stuff, try the extra thick tom yam soup base. (Not recommended for weak stomach)


buffet or ala carte?

tankee
Site Admin
 
Posts: 17790
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:04 pm
Location: Singapore
Total Likes: 18


Postby auntieM » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:57 pm

tankee,
You mean the one at T Katong a lot of migrant?
Not really that bad, the one I mention call Tian Fu, always see local families
there. :wink:

auntieM
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 3554
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:43 am
Total Likes: 2


Postby girlmum » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:03 pm

tankee wrote:
girlmum wrote:Steamboat! :drool: My family's favourite!
Mini-steamboat at Parkway Parade Food Court - Our all-time favourite.
Highly recommended - fish glue (my 2 dds can easily finish 2 plates)
- beef (3 plates at least)
*must try - if u are game enough for spicy stuff, try the extra thick tom yam soup base. (Not recommended for weak stomach)


buffet or ala carte?


ala carte. We usually go there on Sat abt 6pm. Go early, after 7pm usually got to queue (weekend crowd).

girlmum
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:20 pm
Total Likes: 0


Next

Return to Tuckshop