Raffles Girls' Primary

There's nothing quite like being able to discuss issues and network with other parents with children in the same school as yours. Individual Schools' Official Parent Support Groups are welcome to come in and help out the incoming groups of parents.
mamatn
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Raffles Girls' Primary

Post by mamatn » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:07 am

Thanks for confirming Mishasha!

LeeTaiTai
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by LeeTaiTai » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:56 pm

Can anyone share their experience for DSA interview sessions organised by the school ? Do you think it is useful and worth attending?

Mishasha
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by Mishasha » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:41 pm

Are you referring to the DSA interview sessions organized by school for the students? It is good to attend if you are trying DSA. But it would not guarantee that you would be successful in DSA. If you prefer more intensive "interview training', some centers offer such training like Paideia. I attended the talk by the founder who was in the RI DSA selection panel. I believe there are quite a few centers that offer such training. All the best to your girl.

LeeTaiTai
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by LeeTaiTai » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:27 pm

Thank you. As DD has some other enrichment, I was wondering if it is worth the time to attend as it seem it will be conducted by some PVs.

Mishasha
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by Mishasha » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:31 pm

We were told by the Principal that the DSA training session in RGPS was first found and drafted by a PV whose headed her company's HR department. My gal attended 2 yrs back when she was in P6. Personally I have attended 2 workshops by coaches that do DSA prep class (one was Paideia). I didn't send my gal to any DSA courses, only let her attend the one offered by school. She only applied to DSA in one school. Though she was not successful in the DSA selection ( via academic route), the school session was a good prep. Eventually she got into that same Secondary school she "DSA"ed.

If you are targeting SOTA, then you need to prepare a "writing portfolio". I knew a teacher who specializes to guide students in this area. Do pm me if you need.

LeeTaiTai
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by LeeTaiTai » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:36 am

Mishasha wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:31 pm
We were told by the Principal that the DSA training session in RGPS was first found and drafted by a PV whose headed her company's HR department. My gal attended 2 yrs back when she was in P6. Personally I have attended 2 workshops by coaches that do DSA prep class (one was Paideia). I didn't send my gal to any DSA courses, only let her attend the one offered by school. She only applied to DSA in one school. Though she was not successful in the DSA selection ( via academic route), the school session was a good prep. Eventually she got into that same Secondary school she "DSA"ed.

If you are targeting SOTA, then you need to prepare a "writing portfolio". I knew a teacher who specializes to guide students in this area. Do pm me if you need.
Thanks for sharing, appreciate it.

Crystal Wee
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Raffles Girls' Primary Vs Henry park

Post by Crystal Wee » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:03 pm

hi I am planning to register my kid to RGPS or Henry park, can any nice mummies share which one is better? The main focus are teaching quality and classroom management,maybe girls's school more quiet? I also heard both schools got traffic jam......Very difficult too choose😓
Last edited by Crystal Wee on Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Crystal Wee
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

hi I am planning to register my kid to RGPS or Henry park, can any nice mummies share which one is better? The main focus are teaching quality and classroom management,maybe girls's school more quiet? I also heard both schools got traffic jam......Very difficult too choose😓
Last edited by Crystal Wee on Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Crystal Wee
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie