Bukit Timah Primary

There's nothing quite like being able to discuss issues and network with other parents with children in the same school as yours. Individual Schools' Official Parent Support Groups are welcome to come in and help out the incoming groups of parents.
peter-k
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Bukit Timah Primary

Post by peter-k » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:57 am

I can not comment much on your particular case, other than saying that I heard similar before already. Since I am getting here only your side, which you will understand. As well the lack of proper communication is something not new to me.

You would need to seek a discussion not only with the principal, but also together with someone from the MOE. But if it would really benefit your child? I am not sure. I assume they would help you to get another school admission. I personally was surprised about the high number who actually left BPTS right after P2.

Although I will leave my son there. I really like the different nationalities and I know this is what the government wants

He did have his share of negative experiences. I have become cool about it. I managed to help him and believe he has become smarter and a bit tougher through the sometimes mentally hard on him situations. The last time an English teacher kicked him out of the class for saying "bye bye" when she left the room. He told me disappointed he wanted to be funny but the teacher said he is rude (he is known to be the class clown, and he's anything else, but not rude). It is a tiny side detail only, but it tells me about the teachers and the stressed conditions they are probably in. Can not handle this small thing even, what should I expect from relevant issues? Not much. Nothing, to be honest.

If you talk with parents from other local schools, you may get quite surprised looks, or puzzled faces. So did I. They seem to have much lesser issues with regards to theft, violence and bullying, it is not an example for the entire school system.

peter-k
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

So much to the schools

Post by peter-k » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:48 pm

A number of teachers just disappeared. I was expecting that some parents would not send there kids anymore. But a teacher ... and not even signing-off orderly?

How is it in other schools?

zac's mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:126

Re: So much to the schools

Post by zac's mum » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:00 pm

peter-k wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:48 pm
A number of teachers just disappeared. I was expecting that some parents would not send there kids anymore. But a teacher ... and not even signing-off orderly?

How is it in other schools?
Sorry, what do u mean by not signing off orderly?

My son’s school has some teachers who are on SHN after having travelled overseas. There is no email informing us parents, but the school has arranged for a relief teacher & my son told me about it. Several classmates also on SHN due to similar reason. Parent group chat is silent about it.

I don’t think there’s a need even for a sudden resignation teacher to inform parents. When we resign from our job, some may send a courtesy farewell email to colleagues, but others don’t. That’s a personal choice, no?

peter-k
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Bukit Timah Primary

Post by peter-k » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:22 pm

I asked around and apparently they are all on SHN.

4 out of 5 in my sons class.