Fernvale Primary

There's nothing quite like being able to discuss issues and network with other parents with children in the same school as yours. Individual Schools' Official Parent Support Groups are welcome to come in and help out the incoming groups of parents.
floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:231

Re: Fernvale Primary

Post by floppy » Sat May 23, 2020 11:19 pm

Err... the case says nothing about the school, or the students, or the teachers, and is certainly not reflective of the school environment.

Cloud Cloud
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by Cloud Cloud » Sun May 24, 2020 7:26 am

I am staying in the area. I enrolled my girl in Sengkang Green because it was the nearest to my place. But I know of parents who enrolled their child in Sengkang green although fernvale was nearer. Some told me they don’t like the school environment or the teaching quality is no good. But these are very general statements and they are not able to explain explain.

I think for primary schools, convenient is more important. But this is just my personal opinion. I feel for primary, more important is the support given by parents. For Sengkang green, so far no complaints but nothing to shout about also. They have their fair share of good or not so good teachers. Matter of luck. I am not particularly impressed with their PSLE results either. But am
Glad it’s near to my place. Especially during this time, no need for public transport or school bus.

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:231

Post by floppy » Sun May 24, 2020 9:50 am

Cloud Cloud wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 7:26 am
I am staying in the area. I enrolled my girl in Sengkang Green because it was the nearest to my place. But I know of parents who enrolled their child in Sengkang green although fernvale was nearer. Some told me they don’t like the school environment or the teaching quality is no good. But these are very general statements and they are not able to explain explain.
TBF, SK Green and Fernvale are not that far apart - 1 road and a couple of blocks, so it’s meters that we are talking about. Yes, there are plenty of parents living in 40X and Greenwich / Seletar Hills who prefer SK Green rather than Fernvale, though I’ve yet to come across a good reason for doing so.

I think both schools (as well as Fern Green on the other side of SK Green) are your typical normal neighborhood schools - not perfect, but nothing wrong with them either. It really boils down to the individual whether he / she likes / dislikes the school.

Cloud Cloud
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by Cloud Cloud » Mon May 25, 2020 12:48 pm

floppy wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 9:50 am
Cloud Cloud wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 7:26 am
TBF, SK Green and Fernvale are not that far apart - 1 road and a couple of blocks, so it’s meters that we are talking about. Yes, there are plenty of parents living in 40X and Greenwich / Seletar Hills who prefer SK Green rather than Fernvale, though I’ve yet to come across a good reason for doing so.

I think both schools (as well as Fern Green on the other side of SK Green) are your typical normal neighborhood schools - not perfect, but nothing wrong with them either. It really boils down to the individual whether he / she likes / dislikes the school.
In the hot and humid Singapore weather, the metres do make a difference. Maybe it’s just me..haha...I know quite a few who choose Sengkang Green over Fernvale. These parents are staying like next to Fernvale, those in 40X blks or 41X blks.