Cantonment Primary

There's nothing quite like being able to discuss issues and network with other parents with children in the same school as yours. Individual Schools' Official Parent Support Groups are welcome to come in and help out the incoming groups of parents.

Cantonment Primary

Postby ChiefKiasu » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:11 pm

This is the Parents' Networking Group for Cantonment Primary

Once you have gotten your child in this school, come introduce yourself to other parents in this school and network with each other. Share tips, on-going news and alerts and discuss issues pertaining to the school.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

first impression - a nice school

Postby Tamama » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:26 pm

hi all,
i have my girl in to this brand new school.
we are new to singapore and by the time we've landed, we have very limited choice of primary schools for my 6 yr old girl, partly b'cos we are late, and partly b'cos we are foreigners.
we managed to find this school as suggested by the moe information hotline person, and later we got our girl registered.
frankly speaking i was very worried about sending her to this school, based on a lot of uncertainties of ourselves and of the school. on 18dec2010 we went for orientation. the principal Ms Soh gave all the parents a very informative talk about the school and what can be expected in the coming year. thanks for her clear and detail talk i've cleared up most of my worries and i am looking forward to send my girl to school tmr morning.
as told by Ms Soh, the brand new school will provide the most updated resources and facilities of primary schools suggested by moe. i guess it will be very nice.
now they only have 5 primary one classes and 1 class for each primary two, three and four. not many students yet. but to me its good as i prefer small group lecturing. my girl's class has less than 30 kids. and from my observation, each class got some international students too. well, to me it is good too.
i do not need this school to be the best school in singapore, i just want my girl love to go to the school and every aspect of her abilities can be developed and she will be happy playing and learning there.
welcome all the parents and kids of this school. :wink:

Tamama
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby qms » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:37 am

:welcome:

Since your child is in the school, perhaps you would like to share with fellow forummers more information on the school in the coming days, for the benefit of parents who will be enrolling their children in future.

Yes, new school, new beginning.

Good Luck to you and your child!

qms
ClassMonitor
ClassMonitor

Postby tankee » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:19 pm

Cantoment Primary is featured in the news today. Classes start much later than other primary schools, at 8am !! :celebrate:

tankee
Site Admin

Postby Champion » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:22 pm

tankee wrote:Cantoment Primary is featured in the news today. Classes start much later than other primary schools, at 8am !! :celebrate:

So does my gal's school - Corporation Primary School also starts at 8.00am as it is a single session school. :rahrah:

Champion
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby daddy2007 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:30 am

tankee wrote:Cantoment Primary is featured in the news today. Classes start much later than other primary schools, at 8am !! :celebrate:

In Straits Times? Which article? I didn't see any

daddy2007
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby daddy2007 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:30 am

qms wrote::welcome:

Since your child is in the school, perhaps you would like to share with fellow forummers more information on the school in the coming days, for the benefit of parents who will be enrolling their children in future.

I am interested in sending my DD to this school too. Do keep us posted :celebrate:

daddy2007
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby tankee » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:33 am

daddy2007 wrote:

In Straits Times? Which article? I didn't see any

Channel News Asia

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/ ... 63/1/.html

tankee
Site Admin

Postby qms » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:36 am

daddy2007 wrote:I am interested in sending my DD to this school too. Do keep us posted :celebrate:

Hmmm....interesting.

Daddy2007, do you stay near the school?

In the news that tankee mentioned above, the reporter interviewed one of the parents, and she said that sending her elder child to Cantonment didn't mean she would automatically send her younger child to the school.

qms
ClassMonitor
ClassMonitor

Postby daddy2007 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:39 pm

qms wrote:Daddy2007, do you stay near the school?

Pinnacle@Duxton :D

Either this school if not River Valley but I heard RVPS is very competitive and alot of homework which I tried to avoid for my DD

daddy2007
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Next

Return to Primary Schools - Parents' Networking Groups