Bedok Green Primary

There's nothing quite like being able to discuss issues and network with other parents with children in the same school as yours. Individual Schools' Official Parent Support Groups are welcome to come in and help out the incoming groups of parents.

Bedok Green Primary

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:34 pm

This is the Parents' Support Group for Bedok Green Primary.

Once you have gotten your child in this school, come introduce yourself to other parents in this school and network with each other. Share tips, on-going news and alerts and discuss issues pertaining to the school.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby starduz » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:31 pm

Hi..

Any parents with kids in this school now? Update me plssssss

I was formerly from Bedok View Pr Sch. & I believe this sch is a combi of Bedok South & Bedok View. :D

starduz
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby toddles » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:42 pm

Hihi!

Nice to see someone from my era!

I was from Bedok South, now also no more school after the merger... haha.

Don't think anyone from our schools are in a hurry to sign up for alumni though hee.

toddles
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Parents of P1 year 2011

Postby AppleMints » Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:02 pm

Hi! Any parents with P1 in Bedok Green Primary School for year 2011?

AppleMints
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Bedok Green Primary

Postby chiewbee » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:59 pm

Wonder if mycs check out on those childcare that claims to provide student care service.
Hi All,

I am a working mum with my girl is in P1 in Bedok Green Primary School this year. The school itself does not have any inhouse student care service. Therefore i had to place her in the student care near my house which is about 2 main road away from the school (at blk 125 bedok north road).

Currently, she was being chartered to the student care after school dismissed.

I prefer the student care service in the school itself as they will be able to go straight to the student care in case they need to stay back in the school for extra lesson after normal lesson. I will not need to worry about her having to make her own way to the student care.

I had sent email to the principle to check if there is any possibility of setting up a student care service but she replied tat the school does have any spare facilities to do so.

Emails had also been sent to MYCS asking if there are plans of setting up a student care centre near the school. (maybe ard blk 30+), and response = no. Instead they pointed me to the alternative childcare which supposed to provide student care service.

Blk 24 YWCA - which is 2 street away
Blk 64 Honey Tree CC - which does not have the manpower and space to do so, although they intend to do so.

Wonder if there are any parents having the same problem as me?

chiewbee
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby ttlkbs » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:03 pm

chiewbee wrote:Wonder if mycs check out on those childcare that claims to provide student care service.
Hi All,

I am a working mum with my girl is in P1 in Bedok Green Primary School this year. The school itself does not have any inhouse student care service. Therefore i had to place her in the student care near my house which is about 2 main road away from the school (at blk 125 bedok north road).

Currently, she was being chartered to the student care after school dismissed.

I prefer the student care service in the school itself as they will be able to go straight to the student care in case they need to stay back in the school for extra lesson after normal lesson. I will not need to worry about her having to make her own way to the student care.

I had sent email to the principle to check if there is any possibility of setting up a student care service but she replied tat the school does have any spare facilities to do so.

Emails had also been sent to MYCS asking if there are plans of setting up a student care centre near the school. (maybe ard blk 30+), and response = no. Instead they pointed me to the alternative childcare which supposed to provide student care service.

Blk 24 YWCA - which is 2 street away
Blk 64 Honey Tree CC - which does not have the manpower and space to do so, although they intend to do so.

Wonder if there are any parents having the same problem as me?

Hi, I know there is one near the Lions Home, ie. Sparkle Tots, just opened early this year. I can't remember the blk no., but it is near to the market.

ttlkbs
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby chiewbee » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:54 am

Thanks. I just called up the centre and was told that currently they have not started the student care service.

Asked when they intend to start and their reply. It depends on the no of student enrolled. But they had not started any enrollment process yet.

Wonder if MCYS are aware of all this.

Centres stating that they provide student care service but when calling them, they said it is not available.

chiewbee
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby ttlkbs » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:27 pm

I know that Sparkle Tots has opened quite a number of new centres this year over many different locations in S'pore. There are a couple of private childcare centres not associated with the PCF faced a lot of difficulties in getting places to start new schools, especially void decks. I think this is really unfair to other smaller operators who wish to expand their schools.

ttlkbs
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby chiewbee » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:41 am

Ya. This is the 2nd sparkle tots cc that i called which claims to provide student care service on www.childcarelink.gov.sg.

The other 1 that i had called is a new sparkletots cc in blk 108 Bedok North.

chiewbee
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby lwj » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:46 pm

I will be registering my girl in P1 this year. Bedok Green is oso one of my choice but I too couldnt find a student care nearby. I saw from PCF website that they will be opening a new childcare/ student care at Blk 13. However, when I called, to my disappointment they have not confirmed enrolment for student care. I was wondering why so much emphasis on new childcare/ infant care but there are so limited student care around.

lwj
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Next

Return to Primary Schools - Parents' Networking Groups