CHIJ (Katong) Primary

There's nothing quite like being able to discuss issues and network with other parents with children in the same school as yours. Individual Schools' Official Parent Support Groups are welcome to come in and help out the incoming groups of parents.

CHIJ (Katong) Primary

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:35 pm

This is the Parents' Networking Group for CHIJ (Katong) Primary.

Once you have gotten your child in this school, come introduce yourself to other parents in this school and network with each other. Share tips, on-going news and alerts and discuss issues pertaining to the school.
Last edited by ChiefKiasu on Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby mum03 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:57 am

Though have not receive the confirmation yet, but was told that we have got it. Orientation on the 19th of Dec.
Hope would net work with other parents in this forum. Intend to do PSG in the school. Anyone out there would enlighten me with more info of the school.
Also would like to check anyone wanted to car pool from tampines. Any takers??????

mum03
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:04 am

mum03 wrote:Though have not receive the confirmation yet, but was told that we have got it. Orientation on the 19th of Dec.
Hope would net work with other parents in this forum. Intend to do PSG in the school. Anyone out there would enlighten me with more info of the school.
Also would like to check anyone wanted to car pool from tampines. Any takers??????

Congrats, mum03! Carpool? That's a great idea. Maybe even take turns to do the driving.

Have you made arrangements for student care yet? You may want to consider having Chinese tuition at Molin which is a couple of blocks away from Katong Mall. My son is there for Saturday lessons.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby mum03 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:10 am

Thks chief, she is taking her chinese lesson in Berries.
Have to go down to CHIJ on Monday, with all her K2 assesments and berries yearly assesment to prove that she is taking chinese as a 2nd language, cause I am Indian and dad is English.

mum03
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:14 am

mum03 wrote:Thks chief, she is taking her chinese lesson in Berries.
Have to go down to CHIJ on Monday, with all her K2 assesments and berries yearly assesment to prove that she is taking chinese as a 2nd language, cause I am Indian and dad is English.

WOW! That's stunning! I'm always very respectful of non-Chinese students taking Chinese as a 2nd language. It's really tough and requires lots of hardwork on the entire family.

Berries is great for pre-schoolers and Primary schools up to P2. I personally feel that Molin provides a more comprehensive treatment of Chinese for P3 and above, and it doesn't hurt to start earlier.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby khandelwalpooja » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:58 pm

Hi,
Anybody doing PV for CHIJ Katong?
If yes, what are the activities u r involved in?

khandelwalpooja
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Poolster » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:42 am

khandelwalpooja wrote:Hi,

Hi! I'm a PV at the school for Gym! :) Sometimes also helping out the teachers when they are not around, as well as recently helping out for Teacher's Day!

Yourself?

Poolster
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby mum03 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:10 am

Poolster wrote:
khandelwalpooja wrote:Hi,

Hi! I'm a PV at the school for Gym! :) Sometimes also helping out the teachers when they are not around, as well as recently helping out for Teacher's Day!

Yourself?

At last someone responded, I thought there is no Kiasu parents here for CHIJ Katong. My DD will be starting Pri 1 in 2010, I am also interested in PV at the school. Could you care to explain more abt it and also how do you find the sch so far.

mum03
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby khandelwalpooja » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:49 am

Hi Poolster,
Thanks for the reply !
Actually I plan to do PV in the school to secure admission for my daughter for P1...I have been told the only duties is Traffic Safety Control. Actually I am a working mom and will be trying to squeeze PV with my job, but it may not be possible from monday to friday lah...was looking for other duties as well...but looks like there are no other choices given....
:(
Anybody got anything to share?

khandelwalpooja
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby mum03 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:25 am

HI KSP, I am trying my luck again, any parents attending the school orientation this Sat (19 Dec). :pray:

mum03
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Next

Return to Primary Schools - Parents' Networking Groups