CHIJ (Katong) Primary

There's nothing quite like being able to discuss issues and network with other parents with children in the same school as yours. Individual Schools' Official Parent Support Groups are welcome to come in and help out the incoming groups of parents.
bizzybee
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: CHIJ (Katong) Primary

Post by bizzybee » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:03 pm

Hi AprilDad... we love KC so far... our P1 girl loves going to school and comes back with lots of stories about her Teachers and friends. It also depends on how you feel about religious school. KC is a Catholic school and there are quite a few things you need to get used to eg. Singing hymns and saying prayers during assembly and recess, school mass etc. On the plus side, being a Catholic school means they focus more on child's character building rather than just academics.

AprilDad
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by AprilDad » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:14 pm

Thanks bizzybee. I am looking for a school which emphasises values in addition to academics. How is the Chinese programme in KC given its reputation as a very English school? Hope we will be able to get in this year given that MOE closed a number of primary schools.

phtthp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:179

Post by phtthp » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:57 am

end of last day (day 3 of Phase 2C), Friday (28 July 2017), for 2018 P1 intake

CHIJ Katong primary
@ Phase 2C

out of 102 vacancies : 56 girls enrolled

https://www.moe.gov.sg/admissions/prima ... cies#Bedok

Shirlzong
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Shirlzong » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:29 am

Hi Parents!! So Glad that my gal will be Going to KC P1 2018!!!! However, my gal has mobility issues and requires walking aides to move around. Any SN parents here to share your experiences in KC Primary?!!
Many thanks and looking forward to connect with all of you!

Orb
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:6

Post by Orb » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:40 am

Perhaps you can speak to the school management and have a discussion with them on how best to support your daughter with her mobility issues as well as any existing cases. Who knows, they can even connect you with some parents in the same situation as you.

bizzybee
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by bizzybee » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:45 am

Welcome to the KC family! Yes do speak with the school management, I'm sure they can help. The school is over 6 floors but there is a lift on site (for teachers use).

Shirlzong
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Shirlzong » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:27 pm

Thank you for your replies! ☺️ Yeah.. hv emailed the AE and we will meet during the orientation in Nov. Nevertheless, would love to hear from parents with similar experiences in KC! We noticed how well connected the school is by Ramps and lift when we were there for the P1 registration. Just hope the school n students will be receptive and conducive for the SN community!

bizzybee
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by bizzybee » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:32 pm

Yes I think the school is well connected with ramps and lift.

i have seen a SN girl at the canteen who was surrounded by her friends during recess and they were laughing and talking to her. it was endearing to see that. I think the school does encourage students to treat each other with respect.

Shirlzong
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Shirlzong » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:57 pm

Oh wow!!! Datz so nice to hear!!! It means so much for a SN child and of corz, SN parents to know that their child is well accepted and included in the school! I am sooo excited for my gal that she has entered this milestone and am hoping all will be well.. that she will be happy and be able to meet great Teachers and friends in KC.

Shirlzong
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Shirlzong » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:29 pm

N also.. I reside in Tampines.. any parents out there staying same area? How's the school bus timings like?!