St Anthony's Canossian Primary

There's nothing quite like being able to discuss issues and network with other parents with children in the same school as yours. Individual Schools' Official Parent Support Groups are welcome to come in and help out the incoming groups of parents.

St Anthony's Canossian Primary

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:39 pm

This is the Parents' Networking Group for St Anthony’s Canossian Primary.

Once you have gotten your child in this school, come introduce yourself to other parents in this school and network with each other. Share tips, on-going news and alerts and discuss issues pertaining to the school.
Last edited by ChiefKiasu on Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

School standard?

Postby Princessmum » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:02 am

Hi
Anyone has any comment on the standard of this school?
What are her strong points?

Princessmum
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: School standard?

Postby mum03 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:11 am

Princessmum wrote:Hi
Anyone has any comment on the standard of this school?
What are her strong points?

Hi princessmum,
My friend's kids are in St Anthony's. She always claim, that the school as a very holistic education. That her 2 kids really enjoy the school, and the teachers are committed.
In fact , St Anthony's was my 2nd choice for my DD. The only thing that I heard is that they will be shifting to Fengshan Pri, in 2011 cause there will be a upgrading in the present sch, for a year.
If you need any more info, I cud find out more from my friend.

mum03
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Princessmum » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:19 am

Hi thanks
I was rather worried about the standard of the school cos I see that its not so popular (meaning still got vacancy after phase 2C).
I wonder what's the reason?

Princessmum
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby mum03 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:24 am

Princessmum wrote:Hi thanks
I was rather worried about the standard of the school cos I see that its not so popular (meaning still got vacancy after phase 2C).
I wonder what's the reason?

The only thing I cud think of, its because, there is a popu;ar sch nearby (Red Swastika), and also the sch is nowhere near MRT and only 2 bus services outside the school.
Maybe it would get all the attentions, after the make over.

mum03
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby lovingmum » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:37 pm

My daughter is in P6 this year. On the whole, I am satisfied with the school. The teachers are kind and do care for the kids. She has a holistic education cos besides learning academic stuff, the school also exposes the girls to performing arts. Performing arts here refers to music, drama etc. In fact, performing arts is built into their weekly curriculum. A handful of their girls actually got into the school of arts via Direct school admission. It is not a academically competitive school so if you want your child to have a less stressful life in school, you can consider it.

lovingmum
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Performing Arts

Postby krazy » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:44 am

So their niche area in the pri sc sector is also performing arts.

I know that in the Sec Sch sector, performing arts is their forte too. The Sec Sch sector has a total of 9 performing arts groups they sent for SYF: the most in Singapore.

was :shock: when i found out.

krazy
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Timetable

Postby kiasuconform » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:47 pm

May I know what is the usual timetable for Primary 1 school kids? Like what time do they start in the morning? What time do they finish from school? Is the school a full day school or by am session or pm session? How about the CCAs - how many times do they attend that and what time usually is it? First timer local school kid's parent here.

Another issue, Is it true that school will transfer to another location in 2011? Would anyone clarify this issue please?

Much time constrained parent and confused,
:?

PS. I have been posting my thread to other school. I was confused that the St Anthony Primary School (SAPS-mixed gender school) and St Anthony Canossian Primary School (SACPS-girls only school) are not the same school. Duh!

kiasuconform
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby lovingmum » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:26 am

Hi, the school starts at 7.15 with assembly. Then lessons starts at 7.30 am. very much the same as other pri schools. Friday is a short day. ends at 12.30 pm for am session and ends at 6 pm for afternoon sessions. they are still operating on double sessions. Till now, the pm sessions are for p1, P3 and P4 and morning sessions are for P2, P5 and P6 due to logistic constraints like not enough classrooms etc. They will temporary shift to a nearby school (was occupied temporarily by Katong COnvent when they went through PRIME. Katong Convent should have or will be shifting back to their original premise and St anthony canossian's primary will take over the vacant school and stay there till their own renovation/rebuild/retrofit has been completed. It is not too far from their original plot of land. maybe 2 to 3 bus stops away.
enough CCAs for your child. Golf, bowling, music, dance for various ethnic group. log on to their school website, you can find more info.

lovingmum
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby lovingmum » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:05 pm

Hi everyone, this school has a change of principal with effect from this month and I believe some changes were made with regards to school hours. Please check up with school first and don't take what i wrote earlier as gospel truths!! Do visit the school's website for further info.

regards

lovingmum
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Next

Return to Primary Schools - Parents' Networking Groups