Ai Tong

There's nothing quite like being able to discuss issues and network with other parents with children in the same school as yours. Individual Schools' Official Parent Support Groups are welcome to come in and help out the incoming groups of parents.

Ai Tong

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:41 pm

This is the Parents' Networking Group for Ai Tong.

Once you have gotten your child in this school, come introduce yourself to other parents in this school and network with each other. Share tips, on-going news and alerts and discuss issues pertaining to the school.
Last edited by ChiefKiasu on Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby petegrin » Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:12 pm

my gal will be P1 next year, I'm just curious is it the school will randomly place the children in the different classes?

petegrin
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:18 pm

petegrin wrote:my gal will be P1 next year, I'm just curious is it the school will randomly place the children in the different classes?

Some schools are known to hold "sorting" tests to sort the children into classes. I'm not sure Ai Tong does that, but Ai Tong is part of the Hokkien Huay Kuan and my son's school which is Konghwa is part of that organization. To my knowledge, there were no such "sorting" tests for Konghwa as my son remained in the initial class that he was placed in for the 1st 2 years.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby sally » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:31 am

ChiefKiasu wrote:
petegrin wrote:my gal will be P1 next year, I'm just curious is it the school will randomly place the children in the different classes?

Some schools are known to hold "sorting" tests to sort the children into classes. I'm not sure Ai Tong does that, but Ai Tong is part of the Hokkien Huay Kuan and my son's school which is Konghwa is part of that organization. To my knowledge, there were no such "sorting" tests for Konghwa as my son remained in the initial class that he was placed in for the 1st 2 years.

My boy is P6 in ATS this year. Chief, ATS also let the children remained in the same class for the 1st 2 years.

sally
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby daisyt » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:11 pm

Hi, I was ex-ATS girl and my girl also ex-ATS girl. She graduated last year. I was quite actively involve in the PSG during the 2nd half last year. Mainly on helping out on the P6 graduation magazine. It was tiring but fun !

When my girl entered P1, my principal retired (Mr Ting) and replaced by Mr Ng. When I saw Mr Ting again 12 years ago, I was so emotional inside my heart. I could not believe myself, seeing my principal again, during my girl's time. As for Mr Ng, he is a very chinese oriented person and very caring to the children. I can feel his love and caring towards the children during the SARS period and again when I attended the P6 parents talk.

Ai Tong really leave me lots of memories, during my time and my girl's time. I love the chinese school song ! :D :love:

daisyt
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby daisyt » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:39 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote:

ATS does not has sorting test. P1 and P2 same class. Streaming based on P2 results, split class in P3. Then another streaming based on P4 results. That means, P3 & P4 same class. P5 and P6 same class. I hope I still remember it correctly. :D

daisyt
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby DesRey » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:21 pm

Yes, there is no sorting class..my girl is currently in P2 there and they will split when in P3

DesRey
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby lisgusmom » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:57 pm

Not sure whether this information holds true. According to a parent whom daughter is in Aitong P1 now, she said that the class allocation is based on the phase you registered your child i.e. Phase 1, 2A, 2B, 2C.... Her daughter was admitted via waiting list. Hence, was in the last class.

My daughter is going to P1 Aitong next year. Cheers.

lisgusmom
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:20 pm

lisgusmom wrote:Not sure whether this information holds true. According to a parent whom daughter is in Aitong P1 now, she said that the class allocation is based on the phase you registered your child i.e. Phase 1, 2A, 2B, 2C....

That sounds exactly the same as Konghwa.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby petegrin » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:58 pm

thanx for all the info ...

it's good to hear that there's no sorting done, at least then all children get a fair chance to excel somehow.

really hope my child will enjoy her school life in ATS from next year ... and same for all the new kids joining too ...

petegrin
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Next

Return to Primary Schools - Parents' Networking Groups