St Anthony's Primary

There's nothing quite like being able to discuss issues and network with other parents with children in the same school as yours. Individual Schools' Official Parent Support Groups are welcome to come in and help out the incoming groups of parents.

St Anthony's Primary

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:46 pm

This is the Parents' Support Group for St Anthony's Primary

Once you have gotten your child in this school, come introduce yourself to other parents in this school and network with each other. Share tips, on-going news and alerts and discuss issues pertaining to the school.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby stevensim » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:23 pm

Hi,

Hope to link up with parents of other anthonians in KSP too. :-)

Related info:
School website: http://anthonian.edu.sg/
PSG: http://sappsg.wordpress.com/

Steven Sim

stevensim
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby mowmow » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:05 am

stevensim wrote:Hi,

Hope to link up with parents of other anthonians in KSP too. :-)

Related info:
School website: http://anthonian.edu.sg/
PSG: http://sappsg.wordpress.com/

Steven Sim

Hi there,
I'm a parent of 2 boys in SAPS. I am in their PSG, and I am glad I can be of assistance to the school. I have assisted them in their book exchange programs, hall projects, P1 registration exercise, etc, and I am still enjoying it.

So far, my kids have also enjoyed their classes in SAPS very much. They loved the Speech & Drama classes (taught by teachers from Julia Gabriel) and they enjoyed having the chance to perfom on stage what they had learnt during the lessons. They also have professional coaches fm outside who comes in during PE lessons to teach them badminton and gymnastics.

mowmow
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby stevensim » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:05 pm

Hi mowmow,

Could have bumped into you when I registered my daughter in phase 2B of P1 registration. I believe Speech and Drama as well as Gymnastics would be good exposure for my daughter! :-)

Steven Sim

stevensim
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby happymom_aa » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:06 pm

Hi,

DS will be starting his 6 yrs primary eduction in SAPS, hope he'll enjoy his stay.

Hi mowmow,
Care to share more on the PSG thing? Was considering whether to join.

Thanks.

happymom_aa
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby mowmow » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:41 pm

happymom_aa wrote:Hi,

DS will be starting his 6 yrs primary eduction in SAPS, hope he'll enjoy his stay.

Hi mowmow,
Care to share more on the PSG thing? Was considering whether to join.

Thanks.

Hi, PSG in SAPS helps out in the following areas :
1. Kidsread (read to kids who cannot read and who are from the less priviledged families. This is conducted in English and Malay, not sure about Mandarin.)
2. Hall Project (We help to keep the P1s & P2s occupied in the hall when their teachers are having their contact time.)
3. Library (Art & Craft sessions and Story-telling sessions)
4. Manning of the De La Salle Lounge (this is the place where children come to play board games, etc, when they come to school early or while waiting for their CCAs)

We also help out on adhoc basis as and when help is required, eg. the recent P1 registration exercise. If u want to have more specific details, feel free to let me know.

mowmow
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby stevensim » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:19 pm

Hi mowmow,

Btw, can't seem to find gymnastics listed on the CCA page. Where can I find more information about it?

Anthoprise seems interesting. Noticed that while it is open to P1, schedule is Fri 1:45 pm to 3:15 pm which clashes with P1 afternoon classes?

Thanks.

Steven Sim

stevensim
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby mowmow » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:45 pm

stevensim wrote:Hi mowmow,

Btw, can't seem to find gymnastics listed on the CCA page. Where can I find more information about it?

Anthoprise seems interesting. Noticed that while it is open to P1, schedule is Fri 1:45 pm to 3:15 pm which clashes with P1 afternoon classes?

Thanks.

Steven Sim

I am not sure whether does the school offer gymnastics as a CCA. If it does, most prob it just started (will try and get more info for u next week when I go to school). However gymnastics is a compulsory program within their PE lessons for a period of 15 weeks. For this, parents have to pay a subsidised amount from your kid's edusave account. If I remember correctly, it costs S$15/-. As for Anthoprise, I do not think it is really open to P1 & P2s (never heard anything from my kids), if it is, then there will be a separate session in the morning, normally from about 10-30-12 noon.

mowmow
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby stevensim » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:02 pm

Hi mowmow,

Thanks for the useful information.

I have also sent email enquiry to SAPS to clarify regarding Anthoprise:

Ref: http://schools.moe.edu.sg/sap/CCA_Anthoprise.htm

/extract/

Targeted Level
P1 to P6

Day and Time of Meeting
Friday, 1:45 pm to 3:15 pm

/extract/

stevensim
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Carrotree » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:45 pm

Hi all,

any mummies/daddies care to share their PV experience? I wrote in to school last year but to-date, no reply as to whether I am accepted as a PV :( , my child is due to enter P1 in 2010, so i am in a way panicking as I wish to avoid the "thrill" of balloting in Phase 2C and also i am too late to enrol myself as an active community member... :?:

Does St Anthony accept PVs? when can i expect to hear the school's decision on acceptance of PVs??? thanks in advance...

Carrotree
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Next

Return to Primary Schools - Parents' Networking Groups