Gan Eng Seng Primary

There's nothing quite like being able to discuss issues and network with other parents with children in the same school as yours. Individual Schools' Official Parent Support Groups are welcome to come in and help out the incoming groups of parents.

Gan Eng Seng Primary

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:47 pm

This is the Parents' Networking Group for Gan Eng Seng Primary

Once you have gotten your child in this school, come introduce yourself to other parents in this school and network with each other. Share tips, on-going news and alerts and discuss issues pertaining to the school.
Last edited by ChiefKiasu on Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby CookiesMonster » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:37 am

My DS is now in P4, joined this school in P3.

Great teachers they got there. Dedicated, inspirational & really listen to their charges. Kept reinforcing positive thinking on those with low esteem. Teacher respond to email very fast.

They even have a before/after school care run my YMCA near the school.

CookiesMonster
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby mumy84 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:57 pm

hi my daughter is enrolling for p1 in 2010...considering gan eng seng...is the school good?...other than ymca ..wat other student care is available? :?:

mumy84
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby qms » Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:04 am

mumy84 wrote:other than ymca ..wat other student care is available? :?:

Hi!

You may like to refer to this threadfor more information. Our fellow forummers shared some very detailed findings there.

BTW, you haven't reported at the Newbie thread yet, right? Can you please report there? It's the SOP in KSP.com. :wink:

qms
ClassMonitor
ClassMonitor

hihi

Postby Rena » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:05 pm

My boy is in GESPS P2 this year.

Rena
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Gan Eng Seng Primary

Postby tjkok » Wed May 04, 2011 2:01 pm

For parents who are keen to find out more on GESPS, have just checked with them, they will be having a Learning Fiesta on 2 July 2011

tjkok
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby syt625 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:45 pm

Hi,

Can give me more infor for Gan Eng Seng School.
Wouldlike to register my girl there but not so sure if the school is good.
Saw that tjkok mentioned that there is Learning Fiesta on 2 July 2011 is it true?
What time is it? What is this Learning fiesta about?
More info please...... Thank you

Rgds,
SimEe

syt625
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby breezy » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:49 am

hi SimEe,

Yes, Fiesta is happening on 2July 11. Normally from 8:30am - 2pm.
It's actually a "fun-fair" with booths manned by student leaders from P4-P6 for children from K2-P3.

Children will be given a game card and are free to choose stations to visit and play the games. At the end of the day, the children can exchange the "fully-stamped" cards for tokens of their choice.

At the same time, there will be exhibits placed at the "Terrace" of the school, detailing school programmes. Teachers will be there to answer any queries from prospective parents.

My 2 boys, one sec 2 this yr, the other P5, are students from this sch. As in any school, we have a mix of "gd" and "not so gd" teachers. :)

What I can say, is that the Principal is a very dynamic lady and has implemented many programmes to create a holistic learning environment for all kids since she joined the school 3 yrs back.

As a gd 50% of its students are from lower income families, the school is very mindful not to load parents with extra expenses and often look for "sponsorship" from other sources. This doesnt mean that the kids would be short changed. Leadership courses, Maths olympiad, learning journeys, overseas trips, are still very much a part of its core activities.

This School just sent a team of 32 choir students to Czeh Republic for a Choral Festival at a highly subsidized rate and I've heard teachers even chipped in to pay for some needy kids. This school has a heart!

If u have any specific question u'd like to ask, i'd be happy to take them if it's within my means.

:)

warm regards.

breezy
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby syt625 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:34 pm

Thanks Yellowbelt for your advice. :lol:
By the way, how is the academic standard?

Since my girl is still in K1, is it ok for us to go into the school to have a look?

:thankyou:

syt625
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby breezy » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:10 pm

Hi SimEe,

Pls do bring your little one over and have some fun, i m sure the school welcomes all! :)

Like any other school, the kids are of mixed abilities, from those who qualified for the Gifted Programme to those U-graders. I've seen teachers adopting differentiated learning to manage my son's class so that the high ability kids wont be bored and the not so quick ones wont too too demoralised.

The PSLE Top scorer for 2009 is 275 while tt of 2010 is 267.

For the 2009 batch, there's about 20 students scoring an aggregate of above 250.

cheers

breezy
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Next

Return to Primary Schools - Parents' Networking Groups