Zhangde Primary

There's nothing quite like being able to discuss issues and network with other parents with children in the same school as yours. Individual Schools' Official Parent Support Groups are welcome to come in and help out the incoming groups of parents.

Zhangde Primary

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:48 pm

This is the Parents' Support Group for Zhangde Primary

Once you have gotten your child in this school, come introduce yourself to other parents in this school and network with each other. Share tips, on-going news and alerts and discuss issues pertaining to the school.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby ChiefKiasu » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:59 am

Here're some good posts about ZDPS by:
Snow-white, and
kwcllf

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby hoddle » Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:06 pm

Hi,

My son will be P1 in ZDPS next year. Anyone out there with kids going P1 at ZDPS ?

hoddle
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Snow-white » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:40 pm

hoddle wrote:Hi,

My son will be P1 in ZDPS next year. Anyone out there with kids going P1 at ZDPS ?

Hi

During my child's P1 orientation in 2007, he was given some maths(number) and English(alphabet) worksheets to do in his class. I wasn't aware until I checked with him after the orientation. Thereafter, I heard from some parents that their children were identified to go back in December or to attend remedial lesson wef January. I didn't hear anything from the school for my child 'screening test'.

Snow-white
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:47 pm

Snow-white wrote:Hi

During my child's P1 orientation in 2007, he was given some maths(number) and English(alphabet) worksheets to do in his class. I wasn't aware until I checked with him after the orientation. Thereafter, I heard from some parents that their children were identified to go back in December or to attend remedial lesson wef January. I didn't hear anything from the school for my child 'screening test'.

:!: now... it's scary to think that schools seem to think that kids need to be prepared before P1. I guess your son "passed" the screening test.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby Snow-white » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:09 pm

Ya, I think so. Some children progressed well after the remedial and has even done well for their CA and SA this year.

Snow-white
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby nottiepig2009 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:25 pm

hoddle wrote:Hi,

Hi,
My son will also be going to P1 at ZDPS next yr. I'm new to this forum. Accidentially found out abt this website a few days before the 2C registration phase. Found it to be very good. Didn't know that I'm not the only parent facing problems choosing betwen RV and ZD. Had initially registered in RV but withdrawed my application at 4.15 pm and registered at ZD cos didn't want to go thru the torture of having to ballot and stressed up again. Look forward to sharing more information with parents whose kid will be going to ZD next yr. :celebrate:

nottiepig2009
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby pyhgoh » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:57 am

Hi all

My daughter will be attending ZDPS P1 next year. Hope to learn more about the school and its culture.

I didn't know there's a screening test prior to school starting next yr! And got remedial if they don't pass the test? Stressful even before school starts! :shock:

Is it true that ZDPS does not have any exams in P1? How about P2?

BTW, are there any parent who is interested in signing up for the parent volunteer group? :lol:

pyhgoh
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby hoddle » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:10 pm

Hi,

Saw at the school's calendar of events that the orientation will be on 21 Nov 09. Wonder it is confirmed. Think they will let us know by 6 Aug as we suppose to hear from them ? :?

hoddle
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby nottiepig2009 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:12 pm

pyhgoh wrote:Hi all

My daughter will be attending ZDPS P1 next year. Hope to learn more about the school and its culture.

I didn't know there's a screening test prior to school starting next yr! And got remedial if they don't pass the test? Stressful even before school starts! :shock:

Is it true that ZDPS does not have any exams in P1? How about P2?

BTW, are there any parent who is interested in signing up for the parent volunteer group? :lol:

Hi,

do we still need to do volunteer work after we have gotten a place at ZD? I'm worried about the screening test :idea: not sure if my son is ready for it... haiz... by the way, how's the standard of the school and also the teachers? :roll:

nottiepig2009
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Next

Return to Primary Schools - Parents' Networking Groups